2015 Camp Information
This year we are offering 3 weeks of day and half day camp for kids ages 7-18 of all skill levels. Campers have the option to choose between a Full Day program from 8:30am-4:00pm, an AM Half Day program from 8:30am-11:30am, or a PM Half Day program from 1:00pm-4:00pm. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
10 and Under Tennis
In addition to our all skills program, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program for kids ages 8-10, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- All campers check-in on the first day at the Hotel Pavilion
- Full and AM Half Day Campers check in on all other days at 8:20am
- PM Half Day Campers check in on all other days at: 12:50pm
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in
- AM Half Day Campers check-out at 11:30am on the last day
- Full and PM Half Day Campers check-out at 4:00pm on the last day at the viewing area between Courts 7 & 8
Daily Program Schedule
- Camps run Monday through Thursday
- AM Half Day runs from 8:30am-11:30am
- PM Half Day runs from 1:00-4:00pm
- Full Day runs from 8:30am-4:00pm
Full day campers should bring their own lunch, or they can purchase lunch on site.
Campers will play tennis on the grounds of the Millennium Harvest House Hotel at the Rocky Mountain Tennis Center, which boasts 15 tennis courts. Kids may swim in the pool during free time as well as play frisbee or soccer in the large grassy area near the courts. All activities are supervised.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDCO
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:20am Warm-Up and Activation
- 9:20am-10:40am Stroke of the Day Demo and Court Drills
- 10:40am-Noon Video Analysis and Match Play
- Noon-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Court Drills and Nutritional/Sports Medicine Workshop
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Match Play and Conditioning