More Important Camp Details
2016 Camp Information
The University of California, Santa Cruz Nike Tennis Adult Camp offers an Intermediate & Advanced Players' Clinic for ages 18 and over. Camp includes doubles instruction, doubles match play, strategy, and a social event on Saturday night. Come on your own or bring your doubles partner!
August 6-7 (Saturday & Sunday)
Saturday: 9:00am at the East Fieldhouse Courts.
Sunday: 4:00pm at the East Fieldhouse Courts.
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:30pm, followed by a social event.
- Sunday: 9:30am-4:00pm
Please note: These are Day Camps and only and run during the hours listed above. The camp tuition DOES NOT include housing. Campers are required to provide their own overnight accommodations.
Lunch is included on Saturday and Sunday.
Campers will play on USCS's 12 ocean view outdoor tennis courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNARSC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Check-in/Registration
- 10:00 Skill Assessment
- 10:45 Orientation
- 11:00 Stroke Mechanics Lecture
- 11:15am Groundstroke Progressions
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:15pm Demo Return of Serve
- 1:30pm Return of Serve Drills
- 2:15pm Volley and Overhead Demo and Progressions
- 3:00pm Volley and Overhead Drills
- 3:30pm Break and Serve Demonstration
- 3:45pm Serve Work
- 4:15pm Doubles Lecture
- 4:45pm First Set Doubles Drills
- 5:30pm Social Event
- 7:00pm Camper Depart
- 8:30am Doubles Lecture
- 8:45am Warm Up/Stretch
- 9:00am Doubles Drills
- 10:15am Diagonal Serve and Volley games
- 11:15am Competitive Games
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:15pm Davis Cup Match
- 3:30pm Camp Evaluation & Final Review
- 4:00pm Campers depart