Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
Tournament Training Program
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The High School Program is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- All campers check-in Sunday between 12:30 - 2:30pm at the Cowell dorms. (All Day and Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 9:00pm.)
- Graduation: 4:30pm at the dorms. (Parents invited to attend!)
- Check-out is immediately following graduation at 5:15pm on the last day of the session.
Extended Day & Day Camper Schedule
- Sunday: Day campers & Extended Day campers arrive at 12:30-2:30pm and depart at 9:00pm.
- Monday-Thursday: Day campers arrive at 8:30am and depart at 5:30pm.Extended Day campers arrive at 8:30am and depart at 9:00pm.
- Friday: All campers have a graduation at 4:30pm. Check-out for all campers is immediately after the Graduation at 5:15pm.
All meals are provided for Overnight Campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Lunch is provided for all Day campers. Meals start with dinner on the first day and end with lunch on the last day.
The campus offers campers the opportunity to play in a perfect environment with 12 ocean view outdoor courts, playing fields, a gymnasium, and Olympic-sized pool. In the event of rain, campers will watch tennis videos and do off-court conditioning.
2017: TBD | 2016: Campers live on-campus in the Cowell Dorms and the courts and dining facilities are an easy walk from there. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. There is no A/C in the dorms. Campers may bring fans.
2017: TBD | 2016: In addition to the Davis Cup competition during the week, evenings give the campers a chance to relax and enjoy fun off-court activities like a sports night with a climbing wall, Casino Night, a trip to the Beach and Boardwalk and concludes with a camp dance on the last night.
2017: Weekend stayovers are available between weeks 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 only. Campers attending multiple sessions, and those who stay over the weekend will be fully supervised. They'll also enjoy fun activities like movies and ice cream, visiting downtown Santa Cruz, the beach or the Mystery spot in Santa Cruz. There is a charge of $300/weekend. Additional spending money is required.
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
San Jose International Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations, or bus depots. Transportation services can be arranged from the San Jose Airport or San Francisco International by using the service below:
Early Bird Airport Shuttle: 831.462.3933 | www.earlybirdairportshuttle.com
- Call and mention UCSC Nike Tennis Camp for discounted rates of:
- $76.50 each way to/from San Jose Airport before driver tip (1-3 passengers)
- $112.50 each way to/from San Francisco Airport before driver tip (1-3 passengers)
- Recommended to book at least 3-4 days in advance of travel.
Please schedule your arrivals and departures to provide plenty of time to get to/from the SJC or SFO.
Let us know your plans! Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information so we know when to expect your child's arrival to camp.
Adult Tennis Camp at UC Santa Cruz
We're excited to also bring you an Adult Nike Tennis Camp at UC Santa Cruz! Click the link for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSC
Sample Daily Schedule
- FULL WEEK CAMPS
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out