Camp Program Offerings
2015 Programs by Week
June 21-26 (All Skills & Tournament Training & High School)
June 28-July 3 (All Skills & Tournament Training & High School)
July 5-10 (All Skills & Tournament Training & High School)
July 12-17 (All Skills & Tournament Training & High School)
July 19-24 (High School Only | Ages 13-18)
July 26-31 (High School Only | Ages 13-18)
August 2-7 (All Skills & Tournament Training & High School)
August 10-12 (College Prospect Camp)
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The High School Program is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
College Prospect Camp
The College Prospect Camp is an intense camp with the purpose of giving players the proper training and preparation in order to handle the rigors of a college team.
- All campers check-in Sunday between 12:30 - 2:30pm at the dorms. (All Day and Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 9:00pm.)
- Graduation: 4:30pm at the dorms. (Parents invited to attend!)
- Check-out is immediately following graduation at 5:15pm on the last day of the session.
Extended Day & Day Camper Schedule
- Sunday: Day campers & Extended Day campers arrive at 12:30-2:30pm and depart at 9:00pm.
- Monday-Thursday: Day campers arrive at 8:30am and depart at 5:30pm.Extended Day campers arrive at 8:30am and depart at 9:00pm.
- Friday: All campers have a graduation at 4:30pm. Check-out for all campers is immediately after the Graduation at 5:15pm.
All meals are provided for Overnight Campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Lunch is provided for all Day campers. Meals start with dinner on the first day and end with lunch on the last day.
The campus offers campers the opportunity to play in a perfect environment with 12 ocean view outdoor courts, playing fields, a gymnasium and Olympic-sized pool. In the event of rain, campers will watch tennis videos and do off-court conditioning.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Campers live on-campus in the Cowell Dorms and the courts and dining faciltities are an easy walk from there. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. There is no A/C in the dorms. Campers may bring fans.
In addition to the Davis Cup competition during the week, evenings give the campers a chance to relax and enjoy fun off-court activities like a sports night with a climbing wall, Casino Night, a trip to the Beach and Boardwalk and concludes with a camp dance on the last night.
Weekend stayovers are available between all sessions EXCEPT between weeks 1&2. Campers attending multiple sessions, and who stay over the weekend, are fully supervised and enjoy fun activities like movies and ice cream, visiting downtown Santa Cruz, the beach or the Mystery spot in Santa Cruz. There is a charge of $250/weekend. Additional spending money is required.
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
San Jose International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into San Jose International Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp through A1 Executive Shuttle, Jon-Reno St. James can be contacted at 831-239-3866.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out