University of Central Arkansas Nike Tennis Camp Conway, Arkansas
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Tennis Camps is pleased to be offering a second summer of camp at University of Central Arkansas in 2014! This junior tennis camp is for young athletes to come improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. Providing a safe environment, we give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group.
The University of Central Arkansas Nike Tennis Camp offers the ultimate combination of athletics and fun! We combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and strategy sessions. Come individually or come with your teammates. Your days will be filled with tennis and fun!
- Daily on-court instruction from UCA head women's coach, Jeff Borengasser, and his experienced staff
- Special High School program for players ages 13-18 and a "10 & Under Tennis" program for players ages 5-10
- 5-6 hours of tennis daily with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
University of Central Arkansas offers 8 outdoor tennis courts, 3 of which are lighted for night play.Meet your coaching staff
Jeff Borengasser was named head coach of the Sugar Bear tennis program in June of 2011. In his first season at UCA, the Sugar Bears had their best season in the NCAA Division-I history of the program. In 2012 UCA recorded 8 wins, compared to 1 win in 2011. The 8 wins also surpassed the program's win total from 2009-2011 combined. In 2012, UCA also recorded their first 2 southland conference victories since 2007.Read Full Bio
Prior to coming to UCA, Borengasser spent seven years as the head men's and women's tennis coach at Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
While at Westminster, Borengasser led the men's team to six St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference titles in seven years, while his women's squad won the league twice. He was named SLIAC men's tennis coach of the year five times, including each of the last four seasons of his tenure. Under Borengasser, the Blue Jays men made the NCAA Division III Tournament four times and the women qualified once. From 2004-10, he compiled a men's record of 65-37 and a women's record of 51-46.
Borengasser was an academic all-conference collegiate player for Truman State University in Kirksville, Mo. He was a four-year letterwinner for the Bulldogs and voted team MVP during the 1998-99 season. Borengasser graduated from Truman in 1999 with a degree in Exercise Science. He received his masters in Health and Human Performance from Iowa State University in 2003.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDAS)
This year we are offering one week of Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camp for kids ages 5-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
In addition to the All Skills program, we offer a special High School program geared towards players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis:
We also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp Only) program for kids ages 5-10, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
• Check-in: All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:30am at the UCA Tennis Complex.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm on Friday.
• Graduation: Full Day Campers: 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm.
Half Day & Full Day Camper Schedule & Information
• Monday: All Campers check in at 8:30am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
• Tuesday-Thursday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
• Friday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day Campers have a Graduation at 3:30pm and will depart at 4:00pm.
• Meals: Full Day campers bring their lunch each day or can purchase a buffet lunch in the cafeteria for $6.25. Half Day Campers depart before lunch.
• Swimming: Full Day campers will swim on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and Half Day campers will have a chance to get wet in the sprinklers, so bring a swim suit and towel on those days.
Campers will play on 8 outdoor tennis courts, 3 of which are lighted for night play.
Inclement Weather Plan
In case campers have to take immediate shelter due to weather, they will be in the Brewer Hegemon Conference Center that shares a parking lot with the tennis courts. If it is necessary to move inside for camp activities for an extended time due to rain, we will go to the indoor practice facility on Bruce street next to Estes Stadium.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:15am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:15am-12:00 noon Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Half Day Campers depart. Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis for Full Day Campers.
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles and Drills