More Important Camp Details
2016 Nike Summer Tennis Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camp for kids ages 5-18 of all skill levels. We also offer a Tournament Training program (ages 9-18) during the first session and a High School Training program (ages 13-18) during the second session.
Camp Program Offerings
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The High School Program is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis
We also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp Only) program for kids ages 5-10, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learningto play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:30am at the UCA Tennis Complex.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm on Friday.
- Graduation: Full Day Campers: 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm.
Half Day & Full Day Camper Schedule
- Monday: All Campers check in at 8:30am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday-Thursday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
- Friday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day Campers have a Graduation at 3:30pm and will depart at 4:00pm.
- Swimming: Full Day campers will swim on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and Half Day campers will have a chance to get wet in the sprinklers, so bring a swim suit and towel on those days.
Full Day campers bring their lunch each day or can purchase a buffet lunch in the cafeteria for ~$7.00. Half Day Campers depart before lunch.
Campers will play on 8 outdoor tennis courts, 3 of which are lighted for night play.
Inclement Weather Plan
In case campers have to take immediate shelter due to weather, they will be in the Brewer Hegemon Conference Center that shares a parking lot with the tennis courts. If it is necessary to move inside for camp activities for an extended time due to rain, we will go to the indoor practice facility on Bruce street next to Estes Stadium.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:15am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:15am-12:00 noon Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Half Day Campers depart. Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis for Full Day Campers.
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles and Drills