2015 Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of Junior overnight and day (8:30am-4:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Camp Program Offerings
High School Program
In addition to the All Skills Program offered both weeks, during the July session we are offering a High School training program for players ages 13-18 looking to make their high school team or move up the ladder.
10 and Under Tennis
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday from 2:00-4:00pm at tennis courts.
- Day Campers: Sunday from 3:00-4:00pm at tennis courts. Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 6:00pm.
- Follow the signs on campus for the Nike Tennis Camp check-in.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Graduation: Thursday at 1:30pm at the courts.
- Check-Out: Thursday at 2:00pm after graduation.
Daily Program Schedule
- Sunday: Check-in from 3:00-4:00pm. Depart at 6:00pm.
- Mon-Wed: Arrive at 8:30am. Depart at 4:00pm.
- Thursday: Arrive at 8:30am. Graduation at 1:30pm. Parents invited! Check-out at 2:00pm.
Lunch is included for all Day campers.
Campers play on 12 hard courts at the Ralph "Skeeter" Carson Complex. In the event of rain, campers will use the indoor hitting walls and fitness facilities.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Overnight campers reside in the dorms on campus. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. No triples available. There is A/C in the dorms.
Evening activities may include a movie night, games night and a bowling night
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Pensacola Airport and take a shuttle from the airport to camp. Pensacola Airport Shuttle: 850-485-3004 or www.pensacolaairportshuttle.com .
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff member, there is a $50 fee each way that must be paid in advance of camp. Please contact the director if you need this service. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRFL
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Tennis instruction, drills
presentation, conditioning and match play
- 11:30am-1:30pm Lunch, rest
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Off court conditioning/games
- 2:00pm-4:30pm Afternoon tennis (On court instruction, presentations, and Match play)
- 4:00pm-5:30pm Optional tennis or rest
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out