2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRFL)
This year we are offering one week on Junior overnight and day (8:30am-4:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Lunch is included for Day Campers.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
• Overnight Campers: Sunday from 2:00-4:00pm at tennis courts.
• Day Campers: Sunday from 3:00-4:00pm at tennis courts. Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 6:00pm.
• Follow the signs on campus for the Nike Tennis Camp check-in.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Graduation: Thursday at 1:30pm at the courts.
• Check-out: Thursday at 2:00pm after graduation.
Daily Program Schedule & Information
• A complete schedule will be handed out at check-in.
• Sunday: Check-in from 3:00-4:00pm. Depart at 6:00pm.
• Mon-Wed: Arrive at 8:30am. Depart at 4:00pm.
• Thursday: Arrive at 8:30am. Check-out at 2:00pm.
• Graduation on Thursday at 1:30pm. Parents invited.
• Meals: Lunch is included for all Day campers.
Campers play on 12 hard courts at the Ralph "Skeeter" Carson Complex. In the event of rain, campers will use the indoor hitting walls and fitness facilities.
Overnight campers reside in the dorms on campus. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. No triples available. There is A/C in the dorms.
Evening activities may include a movie night, games night and a bowling night
Designated Airport: Pensacola Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Pensacola Airport and take a shuttle from the airport to camp. Pensacola Airport Shuttle: 850-485-3004 or www.pensacolaairportshuttle.com .
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff member, there is a $50 fee each way that must be paid in advance of camp. Please contact the director if you need this service. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Set on over 1600 acres of rolling hills and natural woodland along the Escambia River, the University of West Florida is located 10 miles north of downtown Pensacola and represents an ideal site for a Nike Camp.
The Ralph "Skeeter" Carson Complex is the home of the University of West Florida Men's & Women's Tennis teams. It was named after the legenday tennis coach who retired in 1998. The facility is located in the center of the University of West Florida main campus in Pensacola, Florida, besides the UWF Fieldhouse. The complex holds 12 hard courts, in three banks of four courts, including two "cages". Seats are avaiable for Argonauts fans.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Tennis instruction, drills
presentation, conditioning and match play
- 11:30am-1:30pm Lunch, rest
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Off court conditioning/games
- 2:00pm-4:30pm Afternoon tennis (On court instruction, presentations, and Match play)
- 4:00pm-5:30pm Optional tennis or rest
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out