Wayland Academy Nike Tennis Camp Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Come join the fun and take your tennis game to the next level at the Wayland Academy Nike Tennis Camp! A gorgeous campus, superb instruction and fun off-court activities make this a wonderful summer camp experience. Our goal is for every camper to take their game to the next level, create lasting friendships, and have a good time.
The Wayland Academy Nike Tennis Camp is a camp for young athletes to come and vastly improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. We strive to give campers an amazing summer camp experience with the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group.
The camp averages 55 campers per week. Central to the success of the Nike Tennis Camp at Beaver Dam is Director John Powless, one of the most renowned coaches and sports personalities in America. Hundreds of junior players have been shaped by Coach Powless at his John Powless Tennis Center in Madison.
- Daily instruction from top teaching pro, John Powless, and his experienced staff
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Safe, healthy and fun environment
Wayland Academy, an outstanding college preparatory school, is located 40 miles northeast of Madison, Wisconsin and 160 miles northwest of Chicago.
It offers superior tennis facilities, including 11 outdoor courts and four indoor courts on campus. In addition, campers may also enjoy a five-lane swimming pool, indoor batting cages, basketball and volleyball courts, and grass playing fields when off the courts.
Director John Powless is one of the most renowned coaches and sports personalities in America. Hundreds of junior players have been shaped by Coach Powless at his John Powless Tennis Center in Madison. He was a standout competitive player for 40 years in Men’s Open and International Seniors competition.
(Camp Code: TNXRWA)
This year we are offering two weeks of Junior Overnight and Extended Day (8:30am-8:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Lunch and dinner are included for all Extended Day Campers.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• All Campers: Sunday from 12:30-2:00pm at the Student Union. Signs will be posted on campus.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Extended Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 8:00pm.
• Graduation: Friday at 3:30pm at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend.
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation.
Campers will stay in the dorms on campus. 2 campers/room (Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed). There is no A/C in the dorms. Campers may bring fans.
Off Court and Evening Activities
Off court and evening activities may include supervised time at the five-lane swimming pool, indoor batting cages, basketball and volleyball courts and grass playing fields.
Weekend stayovers are available between sessions and include housing, meals and supervision for Friday and Saturday night. Cost: $200/weekend.
Designated Airport: Dane County Regional (Madison, WI)
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Dane County Regional Airport (Madison, WI) and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
In cases of emergency, campers will be transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital (920-887-7181).
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up, Breakfast, To the Courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction, Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Instruction, Match Play
- 4:00pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Activity
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 8:00pm Extended Day campers depart
- 9:30pm Return to Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights Out