The camp averages 55 campers per week. Central to the success of the Nike Tennis Camp at Beaver Dam is Director John Powless, one of the most renowned coaches and sports personalities in America. Hundreds of junior players have been shaped by Coach Powless at his John Powless Tennis Center in Madison.
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- All Campers: Sunday from 12:30-2:00pm at the Student Union. Signs will be posted on campus.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Extended Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 8:00pm.
- Graduation: Friday at 3:30pm at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend.
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation.
Campers will play on 11 outdoor courts and 4 indoor courts on campus.
2017: Dorms TBD | 2016: Campers will stayed in the dorms on campus. 2 campers/room (Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed). There is no A/C in the dorms. Campers may bring fans.
Off Court and Evening Activities
Off court and evening activities may include supervised time at the five-lane swimming pool, indoor batting cages, basketball and volleyball courts and grass playing fields.
Dane County Regional (Madison, WI)
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Dane County Regional Airport (Madison, WI) and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
In cases of emergency, campers will be transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital (920-887-7181).
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRWA
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up, Breakfast, To the Courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction, Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Instruction, Match Play
- 4:00pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Activity
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 8:00pm Extended Day campers depart
- 9:30pm Return to Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights Out