Whittier College Adult Nike Tennis Camp Whittier, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
We invite you to join Whittier College head men's tennis coach, Ben Belletto, and his talented staff for The Adult Nike Tennis Camp in 2014! In this two day adult tennis clinic you will hit a ton of balls, get a chance to improve on specific techniques, and challenge your peers during match play!
The Whittier College Adult Nike Tennis Camp is a tennis camp for adults to come and improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. Our camps combine technical instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff as well as match play in this exciting weekend tennis clinic. The program is designed to address your specific needs, to increase knowledge of the game and to move you to the next level without forcing you to make radical changes!
- 11 hours of instruction led by Whittier head men's tennis coach, Ben Belletto, and his excellent staff
- Every campers receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-Shirt
- 4:1 camper to staff ratio for instruction
Campers will utilize the 6 hard courts at the Richard Ettinger Tennis Courts.Meet your coaching staff
Whittier College head men's tennis coach Ben Belletto will direct our first year of tennis camp at Whittier in the summer of 2014! Belletto, the 2011 ITA West Region Coach of the Year, has co-directed the UCSC Nike Tennis Camp for 14 years. As one of the very best young college coaches in America, he brings years of experience and a passion for coaching and teaching the great game of tennis.Read Full Bio
* Headed the men's tennis program at Pomona-Pitzer from 2003-2013
* Coached 13 All-Americans
* 25 All-SCIAC Performers
* Saw Pomona-Pitzer named an ITA Academic All-American Team from 2004-2012
* Had a nationally ranked program every year since 2007, which included a Top 10 finish in 2010 and four consecutive Top 20 finishes from 2010-2013
* In 2011 and 2012 his teams earned a selection into the NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championships
* Coached the men's tennis team at Piedmont High School where he earned a Bay Shore Athletic League Conference Championship
* B.A. from Saint Mary's College of California (2001) - Politics
* M.A. from Azusa Pacific University (2009) - Physical Education
* Currently serves as the Co-Director of the UC Santa Cruz Nike tennis Camp and was an instructor at the same camp from 1998-2002
* Named the 2011 ITA Division III West Region Coach of the Year
* Published an article called The importance of College Tennis Culture published on www.tennisrecruiting.net and presented at the ITA Coaches Convention a presentation on Team Culture
* Since 2008 Belletto has served on four committees including:
* ITA Division III Men's Tennis National Ranking Co-Chair (2010-Present)
* ITA Division III Men's Tennis West Region Ranking Chair (2008-2011)
* NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Committee Chair (2010-2011)
* NCAA Division III Men's Tennis West Region Advisory Committee Chair (2008-2011)
* Served as the Sports Information Director/Asst. Sports Information Director at Pomona-Pitzer from 2003-2013
* While at Pomona-Pitzer, he taught courses within the athletic department including advanced tennis and squash
* In 2012 he was a Southern California Section Captain for the Pacific Cup coaching a group of boys and girls ages 12-18 in a round robin tournament that took place in Beaverton, Oregon.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNADWH)
Location: Whittier, California
All skill levels welcome!
The Whittier College Adult Nike Tennis Camp is designed for players ages 18 and over of all skill levels.
Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am-12:00 noon & 1:00pm-3:30pm.
Players bring their own lunch.
Check In: 30 minutes prior to first session on Saturday at the Richard Ettinger Tennis Courts.
Check Out: 3:30pm on Sunday.
Please note: This is a Day Camp only and runs during the hours listed above. The camp tuition DOES NOT include housing. Campers are required to provide their own overnight accommodations
Campers will utilize the 6 hard courts at the Richard Ettinger Tennis Courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.