Refusing to Live a Life of Average: Choosing Greatness
- Positive Mindset
- Knowledge-Learning What to Do
- Wisdom-Transfer of Understanding Why/How/When
- Execution-Combination of Knowledge and Wisdom in Action
Core Values Details
SERVICE: “Pick up the trash”
- Leave people/places/things better than the way you found them
- Continually and unconditionally concerned about other before yourself
INVESTMENT: “If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not getting better”
- Comfort zone living vs. risk taking
- Experience/process trumps outcome/result
- John Wooden Head Coach UCLA- They won more National titles than any other program in NCAA History. In the locker room, he would tell his teams that the team that made the most mistakes in the pressure packed moments would win the game--- he encouraged freedom to play.
POSITIVE MINDSET: “You are what you think you are”
- Mindset drives action—action drives success
- Dealing with adversity/difficulty
- Living life feeling fortunate and blessed
SELFLESS: “It’s amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit”
Miami Heat: 2013 NBA Champions
- A. Bosh: 1st time to have zero points in his career was in game 7.
- B. Battier: Was 6-8 on 3s after not playing at all in Gm 6.
- C. Allen: Gm 6-3 pointer game changed the series. He did not score in Gm 7.
Kentucky Wildcats: 2012 NCAA Champions
- Anthony Davis: Was POY in NCAA and took 4th most shots on team.
VISION: “If you do not know where you are going, how will you know when you get there”
- What you see is what you will become
- The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can’t are both right. Which one are you?
LOVE: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Greatest power in the universe–has ability to change relationships, experiences & ourselves
- Wraps and covers core values
- Showing same compassion to others as yourself
When we are made concerned about the hearts of every single person we connect with more than our own status, success and significance, then we will begin to understand ELITE LIVING.