Coach's Corner | Field Hockey Tip
Presented By: USA Field Hockey skills for Forwards
Field Hockey Attack Concepts and Skills
Part of the process of getting better involves knowing the areas that need improvement. Below is a list of qualities that USA Field Hockey uses to define a great attacker. Campers can use these tips to critically think about where they want to improve before attending camp.
- Deception and speed of shot.
- Constant movement off ball, creativeness, making things happen, use of width and depth.
- 1v1 attack skills - drawing defense, deceiving, spinning, speed change, control.
- Shooting - aggressiveness and urgency towards goal, ability to shoot off both legs.
- Threatening penetration success - effectiveness in getting behind defense.
- Creative use of space, width, and depth.
- Recognize 2 v 1 opportunity.
- Off ball movement.
- Ball penetration success.
- Understanding offense roles of players
- Transition abilities from attack to defense.
- Changes of speed and direction with both ball and food speed.
Join us at a Nike Field Hockey Camp this summer to receive position specific training and to get better!
Share This Field Hockey Tip