Coach's Corner | Field Hockey Tip
Presented By: Nike Field Hockey Camps
How to Hit the Ball Harder
Follow the steps below to add power to your passes and shots on goal:
1. Step into the hit with your non-dominant foot in line with the ball or slightly behind the ball.
2. Do not hit the ball from behind your body.
3. Look and lean into the ball.
4. Keep your head down to prevent overhitting and off target shots.
5. Stay low to the ground all the way through the motion.
6. Make sure you follow through the motion, giving your hit more force.
7. Your body weight should end up on your front foot, with your back foot nearly off of the ground.
8. The motion should pull you in the same direction that the ball is traveling.
For more tips on how to improve your game, register for Nike Field Hockey Camp this summer!
Share This Field Hockey Tip