Coach's Corner | Lacrosse Tip
Girls Offensive Drill: One Feeder Finishing Drill
Nike Lacrosse Camp Director and Adelphi University Head Coach, Rob Grella led the Panthers to the NE-10 Regular Season & Tournament Championship and NCAA Division II National Championship. The Panthers have won a record six NCAA Division II National Championships and are 6-0 in National Championship games.
Drill Description: Have a line of players start across the field from where a coach is feeding. Have those players, one at a time cut across the field and catch a variety of good and bad passes that get thrown to them. Players will need to finish the shot as they move across the crease.
• Drill Theme: Shooting
• Field Position: Offense
• Drill Style: Skills
• Time Needed: 10 Min
• Field Location: Attack Zone
• Skill Level: Intermediate
• Objective: Practice finishing on cuts with a variety of good and bad passes.
• Skills Practiced: Cutting, Shooting
• Variation: Have defenders practice covering offensive cutters to put pressure on the pass and finish.
Improve your game with Rob Grella this summer at the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Adelphi University July 15-18 & July 21-24.