Coach's Corner | Tennis Tip
Presented By: Sujay Lama, University of North Texas Head Women's Tennis Coach
Tennis Tip: Ten Tips to Improve Your Tennis Game
University of North Texas Head Women's Tennis Coach, Sujay Lama, offers 10 simple tips to help improve your game:
1. Keep your basics simple and perfect them
2. Warm up properly - you are less likely to get injuries and you will play better when you are loose
3. Whether winning or losing, be positive
4. Be willing to practice with anyone who is able to keep the ball in play
5. Work on your footwork and overall fitness
6. Tactics are important. Know "when, where, because, then and if's"
7. More than winning, try to enjoy when you play. If you're on a team, be a team player, practice together, play together and have fun together.
8. Focus on what you can improve and do better rather than thinking about what you did wrong when things don't go the way you want to play.
9. Create a routine in between points to keep focused and composed
10. Have fun and enjoy the process! You'll win more matches and even enjoy the losses!
For more great tips and instruction from Coach Lama, check out the Nike Tennis Camps at University of North Texas this summer! See you on the courts! #serving4summer