2014 Camp Dates: June 23-28
(Camp Code: UFXDGA)
The Nike EDGE Ultimate Performance Training Camp, Duluth is a summer ultimate camp for players 14 &Up who seek an exciting summer experience with the sport of ultimate. Camp combines Ultimate skill and strategy instruction with professional-level speed and strength training. See below for daily hours and locations.
12:00-4:00pm: Performance & Strength Training | 5:00-8:00pm: Skills Sessions & Scrimmaging
Our camps are open to players of all skill levels.
Our camp is for players ages 14 & Up.
Boys, Girls, and Co-ed teams and groups are welcome.
• Check-in: Monday at 12:00pm at the fields
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will start our instruction right after check-in.
• Campers depart that night at 9:00pm.
• Awards Ceremony/Picnic: Friday at 6:30pm at the fields. Parents invited to attend!
• Check-out: Around 9:00pm.
Daily Hours & Locations
• Monday: Check-in at 12:00pm. Depart at 9:00pm. Camp held at Bunten Road Park.
• Tuesday: Arrive at 12:00 noon. Depart at 9:00pm. Camp held at Bunten Road Park.
• Wednesday: Pool Day! Arrive at 12:00pm. Depart at 9:00pm. Field instruction held at the Adams Stadium (next to Briarcliff HS) and pool workout at Kittredge Park Pool.
• Thursday: Arrive at 12:00 noon. Depart at 9:00pm. Camp held at Hammer Smith Sports.
• Friday: Arrive at 12:30pm. Awards Ceremony/ Picnic at 6:30pm at Rogers Bridge Road Park. Awards are given to the best work ethic, and best spirit. Individual campers receive sit-down personal evaluation from camp instructor. Depart at 9:00pm.
• *Saturday: From 8:30am-2:00pm EDGE Ultimate is hosting a 1-Day at Bunten Road Park. There will be 4-5 teams playing in a round robin style tournament. As a Nike EDGE Ultimate Camper, your registration fee is covered. Entry for non-Nike EDGE campers is $20.
Campers are given an hour dinner break between 4:00-6:00pm to eat dinner. During the break, campers will be given enough time to drive to buy food/snacks at local restaurants. However, we strongly encourage campers to bring their own food. Staying on-site during the break will give the athletes more time to recover from the afternoon workouts and will allow more time to interact with camp instructors. We will provide food on Friday evening. Campers should bring snacks as well.
• Bunten Road Park
3180 Bunten Road
Duluth, Georgia 30096
• Rogers Bridge Road Park
4291 Rogers Bridge Rd.
Duluth, Georgia 30097
• Hammer Smith Sports
4295 International Blvd. (Suite F)
Norcross, GA 30093
• Kittredge Park Pool
1520 Kittredge Park Rd NE
Atlanta, GA, 30329
• Briarcliff HS/Adam’s Stadium
2415 North Druid Hills Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 8 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
Our camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. In the event of an emergency, campers will be transported to a local hospital.
In the case of inclement weather we will do indoor weight lifting and video breakdown and analysis.
Designated Airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
The Nike EDGE Ultimate Performance Camp does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. You will have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Afternoon Session: Registration, Overspeed, Lower Body Lifting
• Warm-Up / Dynamic Stretching
• Agility Ladder – Basic
• Running Patterns – Forward Cutting & Coming out of Backpedal
• Linear Overspeed Sprints
• Overspeed Starts w/ Deceleration
• Filming of 90°and 135° cuts; Review film after lifting or during supper break
Lower Body Lift
• Cleans / Dumbell Snatches
• Skater Bounds
• Lying Hamstring Bridges
• Explosive Step-Ups
• Skater Lunges
• Abs/Lower Back
Evening Session: Effective cutting against man defense; Proper backpedaling technique and coming out of a backpedal in man defense.
TUESDAY (NexGen players will be helping lead Skill Sessions Tuesday!)
Afternoon Session: Resistance, Upper Body Lifting
• L-Shaped Ladders
• Shackles & Hands
• Linear Long-Tows
• Release Harnesses
• Snatchback 5-Cone Pointing Drill
• Filming of Throws; Review film after lifting or during supper break
Upper Body Lift
• Warm up with shoulder rotations
• Bench Press
• Incline Pushups
• Face Pulls
• Seated Dips
• Dumbell Pull-Over Press
• Curl to Overhead Press
Evening Session: Skills/Drills/Situational Scrimmaging led by Chain Lightning—Focus on Throwing & Catching
Afternoon Session: Skills/Drills/Situational Scrimmaging led by Chain Lightning—Focus on Zone Defense
• Lecture: Throwing seminar
Evening Session: Pool workout at Kittredge Park Pool
• Underwater running
• Resisted swimming strokes
• Shoulder work w/ disc
Afternoon Session: Overspeed, Explosive Lifts
• Ladders w/ Chip-O-Meters
• Testing Vertical Leap (while legs are fresh)
• 5-yard Change of Direction; Linear Overspeed
• Reaction Circuit
• Sandwich Drill
• Reaction Belts
• Medicine Ball Circuit
• Dumbell Power Clean Box Jumps
• Dumbell Jerks
• Box Jumps
• Core w/ Medicine Ball
Evening Session: Skills/Drills/Situational Scrimmaging led by Chain Lightning—Focus on establishing position, reading the disc, and jumping; Focus on man defense
Afternoon Session: Resistance - Rotational & Auxiliary Lifting
• Broken Ladders
• Spider Harnesses
• Snatchback Broad Jumps
• Reaction Circuit
Rotational & Auxiliary Lift
• Throwing Harnesses
• Medicine Balls
• Thoracic Spine Exercises
• Hammer/Reverse Curls
• Forearm Exercises
• Grip Exercises
Lecture: How to Create an Individual/Team Workout Plan
Evening Session: Skills/Drills/Situational Scrimmaging led by Chain Lightning—Focus on Zone Offense. End-of-Camp pot luck dinner.
• 1-Day Tournament; Awards Ceremony
• Individual campers receive sit-down personal evaluation from camp instructor
Campers will utilze the fields at Bunten Road Park.