Nike Ultimate Camp at Colorado State University Fort Collins, Colorado
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Ultimate Camps brings you an exciting new summer camp at Colorado State University for summer 2014! The Nike Ultimate Camp at CSU offers an overnight and a day camp option for youth ultimate players, ages 14-19, of all ability and experience levels. Join the fun and receive daily instruction from Lance Everette, Head Coach of the CSU Women's Ultimate team, and his expert staff.
The Nike Ultimate Camp at Colorado State University provides top notch instruction to aid in each camper's success in high school, college or club ultimate programs. This. This is an opportunity for high school ultimate players, who share the common goal of improving their fundamental ultimate skills, to climb to the next level! Instruction will be focused on throwing, conditioning, chalk talk and film study, skills challenges, and scrimmages.
- Daily instruction from CSU's experienced coaches and players
- 5-6 hours of Ultimate instruction each day
- Every camper receives a Nike Ultimate Camp reversible jersey and Discraft disc!
- Complete supervision with low camper:staff ratio
Campers will utilize the recreational fields on the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, CO. CSU also has a state of the art indoor practice facility, recreation center, and film rooms, so camp will be held rain or shine!Meet your coaching staff
Lance Everette is the Head Coach of the Colorado State University women's ultimate team, Hell's Belles. He is a founding member of the Fort Collins co-ed club team Killjoy, first as a coach (2009 and 2010), and then as a player in 2011.Read Full Bio
A longtime resident of Fort Collins, Lance has captained dozens of spring, summer, and indoor league teams, and is a founding board member of FCUltimate, a local non-profit that provides financial and logistical support to the Fort Collins ultimate community. He is currently serving as their Chief Financial Officer and sits on the Competition and College Committees.
As a coach and player, Lance believes strongly that what we learn from wins and losses is more significant than the wins and losses themselves. "We're only as great as our competition; therefore, it's every player's responsibility to play hard and make their competitors better. As they grow, we grow. Valuable lessons can be found in victories, as well as losses."
2014 Dates: June 15-19
(Camp Code: UFXRCS)
The Nike Ultimate Camp at Colorado State University is a summer camp for high school players, ages 14-19, who seek an exciting summer experience with the sport of ultimate. Campers can choose to participate in the Overnight Camp or Day Camp (8:30am-5:00pm) programs.
Our camps are open to players of all abilities and experience levels.
Our camp is for players ages 14-19.
Our camps are open to both boys and girls. All instruction and play will be done in a mixed environment.
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS: Daily Schedule & Information
• Sunday: Arrive at 12:00pm for check-in at the dorms. Campers should come dressed to play..
• Thursday: Awards Ceremony at 11:30am. Depart at 12:00pm. Parents and friends encouraged to come enjoy the closing events!
• Meals: All meals are provided daily for Overnight Campers starting with dinner on Sunday and ending with breakfast on Thursday.
DAY CAMPERS: Daily Schedule & Information
• Sunday: Arrive between 12:30-1:00pm for check-in at the dorms. Campers should come dressed to play. Depart at 5:00pm.
• Monday-Wednesday: Arrive at 8:30am. Depart at 5:00pm.
• Thursday: Arrive at 8:30am. Awards Ceremony at 11:30am. Check out at 12:00pm. Parents and friends encouraged to come enjoy the closing events!
• Meals: Lunch is provided for Day Campers Monday-Wednesday.
Campers will dine at the CSU cafeteria on campus. Gluten/dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan options available.
Campers will stay in the CSU dorms on campus. Each dorm room will house two individuals, and camp staff and counselors will be spread out throughout each floor. Roommates are assigned by gender, age and roommate requests.
Campers will utilize the recreational fields on the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, CO.
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 10 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
Our camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. In the event of an emergency, campers will be transported to a local hospital.
CSU has a state of the art indoor practice facility, recreation center, and film rooms, so camp will be held rain or shine!
Designated Airport: Fort Collins- Loveland Airport
The Nike Ultimate Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. You will have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up and breakfast
- 8:30am Day Campers arrive; Warm Ups
- 9:00am Throwing
- 9:30am Plyos and Footwork Training
- 10:00am Agility and Speed Training
- 10:30am Skills and Drills
- 11:30am Lunch
- 1:30pm Throwing
- 2:00pm Offensive/Defensive Strategy
- 2:30pm Plyos and Footwork Training
- 3:00pm Scrimmage/Games
- 4:30pm Cool down, stretching
- 5:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 5:00pm Showers/Free Time for Overnight Campers
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Evening Fun Activities
- 10:00pm Lights Out
- THURSDAY: Camp concludes on Thursday with a tournament at Hughes Stadium to showcase all of the concepts and skills we've learned at camp