2015 Camp Information
The Nike Ultimate Camp of Nashville is a summer ultimate camp for players ages 11-18 who seek an exciting summer experience with the sport of ultimate. Camp runs daily from 8:30am-4:00pm (M-F) and 10:00am-4:00pm on Saturday for a fun scrimmage! Camp takes place at Ted Rhodes Park.
Our camp is open to players of all ability and experience levels.
Our camp is open to players ages 11-18. (Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.)
Our camps are open to both boys and girls. Some activities will be done in a mixed environment and some will be done in a single gender environment.
- Monday: Arrive at Ted Rhodes Park field #6 at 8:00am for check-in. Instruction begins at 8:30am. Depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday-Thursday: Arrive at Ted Rhodes Park field #6 at 8:30am. Depart at 4:00pm.
- Friday: Arrive at Ted Rhodes Park field #6 at 8:30am. Depart at 4:00pm. At 5:00pm there will be a showcase game featuring Nashville’s Professional Frisbee Team, The Nightwatch! At 4:30pm, the camp will provide free burgers and beverages for those who stay to watch the showcase game. Raffles and Prizes during the game! Campers and Parents are encouraged to attend and watch the Pros play!
- Saturday: Bonus Scrimmage Day! Arrive at Ted Rhodes Park field #6 at 10:00am. We will be scrimmaging and playing games all day with Coaches, Staff, and Professional Ultimate Frisbee Players of the AUDL! There will be an awards ceremony at 3:30pm at the fields. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out will be at 4:00pm.
Campers bring their own lunch daily, but lunch is supervised.
Campers with play ultimate on the Ted Rhodes Park athletic field #6.
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 10 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
The Nike Utimate Camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. Campers will be fully supervised during camp. Campers will be transported to a local hospital in case of an emergency.
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
Nike Ultimate Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you have a camper arriving by air who is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there will be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Campers arrive; Warm Ups
- 9:00am Speed and Agility
- 10:00am Drills (Throwing, Cutting, Offense, Defense)
- 11:30am Lunch, Rest
- 12:30pm Chalk Talk (Rules – Leadership – Coaching – Strategy – Fundraising – Spirit of the Game – Inspiration Talks)
- 1:30pm Drills (Throwing, Cutting, Offense, Defense)
- 2:30pm Scrimmage
- 4:00pm Campers Depart