USAU Nike Ultimate Camp Denver Denver, Colorado
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Ultimate Camps and USA Ultimate are collaborating again to provide a wonderful youth ultimate summer camp for boys and girls ages 11-16. The USAU Nike Ultimate Camp Denver teaches our campers to be the best ultimate players they can be, and hope to be a positive force in their lives for years to come on and off the field!
Our mission at the USAU Nike Ultimate Camp Denver is to provide an top notch summer day camp experience for growth and development to youth ultimate players of all ability levels. Come join this exciting new youth ultimate camp where you will enhance your skills, make news friends in a fun and safe learning environment.
- Daily instruction from a top notch USA Ultimate coaches and Nike Ultimate Camp staff
- Full Day co-ed camp with 6 hours of ultimate instruction each day
- Half Day girls camp with 3 hours of ultimate instruction each day
- Every camper receives a Nike Ultimate Camp jersey and Discraft disc!
Camp will take place at the Schaefer Athletic Complex in Denver, CO.Meet your coaching staff
Jason Brask began playing ultimate in 1989. "It was a time of transition as I learned to throw a backhand with a Whamo and a forehand with an Ultrastar," he says. Brask played for D.U.F. at Florida State, graduating in 1993, and spent several years in Arizona before jumping to Colorado in 1997. He joined a fledgling Johnny Bravo squad who continue to make national final and semifinal appearances today.Read Full Bio
Retiring from Bravo in 2005, Brask has continue to play and support Ultimate on many levels. He is currently a captain of Denver’s Johnny Encore, the top level masters team from Colorado. He also has coached the Broomfield HS team since 1999.
"I continue to look forward to expanding the sport bringing younger generations into the fold."
2014 Dates: July 14-17
(Camp Code: UFXDDR)
The USAU Nike Ultimate Camp Denver is geared towards girls and boys ages 11-16 who seek an exciting day camp experience with the sport of ultimate. We are offering a Full Day Camp (9:00am-4:00pm) for both boys and girls and a Half Day Camp (9:00am-12:00pm) for girls only. (Girls doing the Full Day camp can choose to play with only girls or in a mixed environment during the morning session.)
Our camps are open to all players, beginners through advanced.
Our camp is for players ages 11-16.
Our Full Day Camp is open to both boys and girls. Instruction and play will be done in a mixed environment. Our Half Day Camp is open to girls only. (Girls doing the Full Day camp can choose to play with only girls or in a mixed environment during the morning session.)
Full Day Camp Schedule
• Monday-Wednesday: Check-in from 8:45-9:00am at the Schaeffer Athletic Complex. Campers should come dressed to play. Campers will depart at 4:00pm from the fields.
• Thursday: Arrive from 8:45-9:00am. There is an Awards Ceremony at 3:30pm. Parents invited to attend! Check-out will be at 4:00pm.
Half Day Camp Schedule
• Monday-Wednesday: Arrive from 8:45-9:00am at the Schaeffer Athletic Complex. Campers should come dressed to play. Campers will depart at 12:00pm from the fields.
• Thursday: Arrive from 8:45-9:00am. There is an Awards Ceremony at 11:30am. Parents invited to attend! Check-out will be at 12:00pm.
Lunch is provided for all Full Day Campers. There will not be concessions on site, any snacks or drinks should be brought with campers. Half Day Campers depart before lunch.
Camp will take place in Southeast Denver. Facility details coming soon.
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 8 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
Our camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. In the event of an emergency, campers will be transported to a local hospital.
In the case of inclement weather we will do Ultimate video analysis/review and chalk talks in clubhouse.
Designated Airport: Denver International
Nike Ultimate Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. You will have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am All campers arrive
- 9:00am Warm up/Stretching
- 9:30am Drills in groups
- 10:30am Chalk Talk
- 11:00am Disc games
- 12:00pm Half Day Campers Depart. Lunch break for Full Day Campers
- 1:00pm Drills in groups
- 2:00pm Scrimmage
- 3:30pm Conditioning/Cool down
- 4:00pm Full Day Campers depart