NBC Volleyball Camp at Simpson University Redding, California
NBC Camps volleyball camps at Simpson University provides intensive volleyball skill development, motivation and a unique program which has made NBC Camps the largest, most popular volleyball program in the world.
NBC Camps offers a complete range of instruction for beginner to advanced at the beautiful campus of Simpson University. Staff work personally with every camper and write a personal evalutation which includes suggestions for improvement. NBC Camps emphasizes skill mastery, competitive intensity as well as team work, and a focus on being excellent not only on the court but off the court as well.
- Hours of intensive skill development
- Personal evaluation of athletic and volleyballl skills
- Camp workbook training court and life leadership, mental toughness, increasing confidence, setting and achieving goals, and maximizing talent
- Games, tournaments, awards, skits, Intensity night
- An atmosphere where coaches encourage and bring forth the best in every athlete
- A camp where athletes walk away stronger athletes and people
Located at the beautiful campus of Simpson University, NBC Camps at Simpson is the perfect place to experience a volleyball camp unlike any other. NBC 's long history of instructing athletes to become their very best together with Simpson's beautiful campus provide an ideal location for campers to pursue excellence in all areas of their lives.
Simpson University is located on a very private, secure campus nearby a quiet residential area of Redding, CA. Campers will be staying in beautiful residential dorms. Each room accommodates two campers, with private shower facilities. These rooms are air-conditioned. The cafeteria facility provides a green salad with fresh fruit, hot entrees with beverage, sandwich and cereal stations. Evening programs are held in the main campus air conditioned gym. Campers alternate being bussed to nearby local gyms to provide maximum competition and plenty of room for training and games.
Roommates for this site need to be requested before camp begins. If you have no preference we will match you with a camper of same gender and similar age. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to add a roommate request.Meet your coaching staff
Deidra Bartow has a passion for young people and the game of volleyball. She has attended and coached at NBC camps for the past 13 years.Read Full Bio
She played at Simpson University where she received her bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies, obtained her teaching credential, and is currently an elementary teacher. She and her husband Luke reside in Fremont, California.
Volleyball Overnight Camp Important Times
Camp Registration begins 12:30 First day
Intensity Station 2nd night at 8:30
Awards Program begins 10:00 am Final day
Camp Ends 11:00 am Final day
Registration is located in the cafeteria located next to the Simpson Gym.
Closing Program Location
Closing program will be in the Simpson University Gym.
First Day Information
Registration tables open at 12:30. Please leave your luggage in the car. We have a series of check-in tables, including rooming, camp store, and registration check-in. We also have a medical table and opportunity for you to speak with our certified trainer on staff about any medical concerns you may have. Once you complete registration, athletes will move luggage into rooms and change into camp gear. Parents need to escort their children to the camp gym for pre-evaluation. Once campers are in the gym, parents or guardians need to attend parent orientation. Camper orientation begins at 2:00 in the main gym.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:50 am Wake-up
- 7:00 am - 7:45 am Jump Training
- 7:45 am - 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Extended day campers should be on-site and ready to play
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am Live action drills and instruction
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Games
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Live action drills and instruction
- 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm Games
- 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Games and competition
- 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Main event - Evening program/Life skills training
- 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm Team discussions
- 9:30 pm Extended day campers are dismissed for the day (check with coach for variations of this time)
- 10:30 pm Lights Out
Please note our schedule is rigorous. Our Main Events involve motivational speakers, skits, music, and high energy entertainment designed to encourage you to be the best you can be. Instructional time is intense and puts you in the action with great drills that keep you interested and challenged. Because the emphasis is on improving your skills, you'll be playing games and more games.Read camper reviews