All Skills/High Intensity Training Camp
All Skills: This program is open to players of all ability levels. Here you’ll master the fundamentals, develop proper mechanics and gain game play experience. Every aspect of the game is covered, giving you a solid skill foundation to build upon after camp.
High Intensity Training Camp: This camp is recommended for high school varsity (entering sophomore, junior or senior year) and club players with a commitment to the sport and the ability and motivation to play in college. This intense, challenging program will stress position play, advanced team techniques and match play.
This programs is designed for players who want to specialize in the Setter, Hitter, or Libero (Defensive Specialist) positions.
Beach volleyball was added by the NCAA at the collegiate level in 2012 as a result of the sport's growing popularity. This program shows campers the ropes of beach volleyball by playing on smaller courts and seeing firsthand how intense it is to play doubles. Sand players train to become well rounded in all areas of the game.
What's included in the fee?
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on ﬁrst and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Volleyball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
Volleyballs: Molten Volleyballs may be purchased when you register for camp for an additional $15. Volleyballs must be paid for at the time of registration. Campers do not need to bring a ball to camp and purchasing one is optional.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
2016 SESSION INFORMATION
Session One: All Skills & Advanced - July 24-26, 2016
- Check in: between 12:30pm-2:00pm on Sunday, July 24th at Anderson Hall
- Check out: Graduation is at 5:00pm on Tuesday July 26th
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 2:00-9:00pm, Monday 9:00am-9:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am-5:00pm
Session Two: Position Specialty - July 26-28, 2016
- Check in: 6:00pm on Tuesday, July 26th at Anderson Hall
- Check out: Graduation is at 5:00pm on Thursday, July 28th
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Tuesday 6:00-9:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm
Session Three: Sand Volleyball - July 28-30, 2016
- Check in: 6:00pm on Thursday, July 28th at Anderson Hall
- Check out: Graduation is at 5:00pm on Saturday, July 30th
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday 6:00-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
*Overnight Campers participating in multiple, consecutive sessions do not need to check in again between sessions.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: Volleyball shoes, knee pads and a water bottle
Facility: Hay Field House
Campers Per Room: 2-4
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: On each Floor
Linens: Not provided. Please bring own linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
Air Conditioning: YES!
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: Athletic trainers are on-site and a hospital nearby
If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount. Discount does not apply to team only camps
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 Wake-up, shower
- 7:45 Breakfast
- 9:00 Stretching/conditioning
- 9:15 Practice: pass/set/hit drills
- 10:30 Defense and serving drills
- 12:00 Lunch, rest
- 1:30 Spiking demonstration
- 1:45 Review: pass/set/serve
- 2:30 Practice: emergency recovery
- 4:30 Free time, rest
- 5:30 Dinner
- 6:30 Practice: games/scrimmages
- 9:00 Films/video highlights
- 10:00 Campers to rooms
- 10:30 Lights out