SPIRE Drone Racing Camp
Race ahead of the competition
The SPIRE Drone Racing Camp provides a positive environment for learning about the growing sport of Drone Racing. Learn about drone technology & hardware and gain valuable tips on technique and racing strategy. Leading the instruction will be Andy Stankiewicz, one of the sport’s pioneers and a key member of the international first-person view (FPV) drone racing community. Gain additional expertise and training from Angela Jacques, a pioneer for female drone racing and member of the all-female team, Mach One. Angela is also the Founder of FPV Racing Mexico and a Board Member of Drone Sports International. This camp is designed to give you the training and knowledge to gain a competitive advantage against other pilots in the Drone Racing field. Begin your learning on a simulator, using world renowned tracks, then progress to piloting micro drones indoors and culminate with pro-spec full size racing drones on an outdoor track. Registration does not include a take-home drone kit, however kits will be available for purchase at the conclusion of camp for an additional cost.
- Individualized training in building, tuning, and racing drones in first-person view.
- SPIRE Camp t-shirt
- Boarding campers have all meals included
- Day Campers receive lunch daily
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Andy Stankiewicz
One of the sport’s pioneers and a key member of the international first-person view (FPV) drone racing community
Co Director Angela Jacques
Angela is a pioneer for female drone racing and a member of the all-female team, Mach One. Additionally, she is also the Founder of FPV Racing Mexico and a Board Member of Drone Sports International.
- Dates: June 8-9, July 15-16 & August 12-13
- Age Group: 13-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Boarding, Day (Commuter)
- Check-in: 8:45am
- Check-out: 4:45pm
- Commuter Day Schedule: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided to Boarding campers. Day (commuter) campers only receive lunch. Allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Boarding Campers:
- 3 meals/day
- Boarding in on-campus dorm
- Day Campers:
- Includes daily lunch
5201 Spire Circle
Geneva, OH 44041
- Dorm: TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch is provided.
- Camp T-shirt: Campers will receive a SPIRE Camps t-shirt.
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
● Comfortable/casual clothing
● Closed toe shoes
● Water bottle
● Small bag/backpack
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
● Flip flops
● Personal items & medications
● Washcloth and bath towel
● Fan (optional)
● Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter, or sleeping bag
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
ACADEMIC CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our camps, please see our FAQ page.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.