Nike Baseball Camp at the Darlington School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Join us at the beautiful Darlington School campus this summer and receive high-level instruction. Campers will train in all areas of the game - hitting, fielding, base running, and team play. Join the fun and take your game to the next level!
Directing the program is Matt Larry, Head Coach at Darlington School.
- Professional instruction from elite high school coaches
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Matt Larry
Matt has served as Pre-K to 8 physical education teacher and head baseball coach since 2015. He is also an assistant softball coach.View Matt's Bio ⟩
Matt holds a B.S. in Social Science from Shorter College and a Master of Science in Education from Jacksonville State University. He has more than 20 years of experience in athletics, serving as head baseball coach and professor of health education at Shorter University prior to his work at Darlington. At Shorter, Matt was named Staff Member of the Year in 2012.
This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 9-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- June 16-19 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: June 16-19 (SUN-WED)
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 8:45-4:00 p.m., Wednesday: 8:45-11:30 a.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival at the field (Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Position play and Games
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart, Free time, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Chalk Talks, Free Time
- 8:30 p.m. Evening Activities
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!