Nike Baseball Camp Gordon State College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Nike Baseball Camps is excited to host a camp at Gordon State College. This camp will be instructed by the Gordon State coaching staff and guarantees campers will take their game to the next level.
Directing the Nike Baseball Camp at Gordon State College is Head Baseball Coach Travis McClanahan. McClanahan is in his sixteenth year as Head Coach for the Highlanders Baseball Program.
- Professional instruction from Coach McClanahan and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper/staff ratio
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Nike Camp T-shirt, Lanyard and Prizes
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Travis McClanahan
McClanahan enters his 16th season as the head coach of the Gordon State College Highlanders.View Travis's Bio ⟩
During his first 15 seasons he has helped over a dozen players achieve their dream of playing professional baseball and over 100 players move on to play at 4-year institutions. Over 70 of those players received regional & district awards, and more than 20 receiving national awards. 2012 season is the most successful season in school history as the Highlanders finished 3rd in the JUCO World Series. In recent seasons the Highlanders have had 6 players named All-Americans, 2 National Players of the Week, and 2 National Gold Glove winners. The Highlanders have also excelled in the classroom; over 100 players making the Dean’s List (3.5 GPA) and 12 being named Academic All- Americans.
Before coming to Gordon State College in the fall of 2002, McClanahan served as the head coach at Hiwassee College in TN. During 2000-2001, his first season, he took the Tigers to the Region 7 championship tournament. This was the first trip for the Tigers in 15 years. He also saw 2 players from that team move to NCAA Division I teams.
In 1999 McClanahan earned his B.S. in Health and Physical Education and in 2000 he earned his M.A. in Health and Physical Education from Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN. While at Tennessee Tech he worked with the baseball program and was a graduate assistant in the Health and Physical Education department. He also earned his A.S. from Cleveland State Community College in 1996.
McClanahan was born in Cleveland, TN on July 10th, 1974 and resides in Forsyth, Ga with his two daughters, Taylor and Emma.
This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 9-17. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 7-10 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 7-10 (sun-wed)
- Check-in: Sunday, see registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch is provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Games
- 8:30 p.m. Chalk talks, evening activities
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!