Nike Baseball Camp UC San Diego
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
NIKE Baseball Camps is excited to be returning to San Diego at UC San Diego. Each day will be filled with baseball drills that cover hitting, fielding, base running, and team play to help each camper take their game to the next level!
Directing the camp is Tom Myers who serves as the Area Professional Scout covering San Luis Obispo to Long Beach CA.
- Professional instruction from Pro Scouts and Coaches
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratios
- Individual Player Evaluation
- Emphasis is skill development with drills and controlled games.
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Thomas Myers
MLB scout and veteran Nike Camp Director Tom Myers, is a seasoned pro at running camps and clinics throughout the country. He spent 5 years playing professionally in the MLB and 13 years as a Division I assistant coach and pitching coach.View Thomas Myers's Bio ⟩
From 1998-2001 Myers served as the lead assistant for UCSB of the Big West conference. From 2002-2004 served in the same capacity at the Santa Clara University. He later returned to UCSB from 2005-2011 as associate head coach for the Gauchos. During the summer of 2007 Myers served as pitching coach for the Santa Barbara Foresters of the California Collegiate league. Summer of 2008 Myers was the head coach for the Kenai Peninsula Oilers of the Alaskan League. From 2009-2011 Myers was the head coach for the Brewster Whitecaps of the prestigious Cape Cod League. During his time as a Division I assistant coach, Myers instructed 105 players that eventually played professional baseball with 35 reaching the Major Leagues. Myers was drafted in 1991 by the Oakland Athletics and eventually played 5 seasons with the Athletics, Orioles and Cardinals. In 1997 Myers served as player-coach for the Dutch Professional League in Haarlam, Holland. Myers currently enters his 6th year as an area scout for the World Champion Chicago Cubs. His territory covers Central Southern California, Las Vegas and Hawaii. Myers graduated from UCSB with a degree in History and received his Masters in Education from Azusa Pacific University.
Coach Alex Hoover
Alex Hoover begins his first season as an assistant coach at Cal State San Bernardino, after spending three seasons at Division I Cal State Bakersfield. He served as the bench coach in 2017 and assisted with hitting and outfield instruction.View Alex Hoover's Bio ⟩
Hoover joined the CSUB program from Cal Poly where he served as the volunteer assistant coach for the Mustangs from 2010-14. Cal Poly appeared in back-to-back NCAA Tournaments in 2013 and 2014. Hoover worked with the outfielders and the Mustang hitters.
Hoover moved to the Mustangs’ program after serving as an assistant coach at Santa Barbara City College from 2007-10. Hoover helped SBCC to four consecutive winning seasons and a 102-65 overall mark. The Vaqueros won the Western State Conference’s North Division title in 2001 and qualified for the California Community College state playoffs in both 2007 and 2008. He was the team’s infield coach, working with the hitters and was the third-base coach.
Prior to his coaching stint at SBCC, Hoover was Director of Baseball Operations at Pacific during the 2006 season. In his lone season with the Tigers, Pacific registered 30 wins. Hoover was an assistant coach for the Santa Barbara Foresters from 2010-13, which won two national championships during his time with the program.
Hoover went on to play one season (2001) of baseball at Santa Barbara CC and then transferred to San Francisco State and was a utility infielder for the Gators. He served as the Gators’ volunteer assistant in 2004 and 2005 while completing his bachelor’s degree in recreation and leisure studies.
Development of physical and mental game fundamentals from professional instructors who will teach the game inside and out. Groups will be designated as High School (age 13-18) or General Skills (ages 9-12) and is intended to give the player all the skills necessary to improve and take their game to the next level. High School players will experience College Level workouts and received an entire college level training experience. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. This camp is offered as an Overnight or Extended program. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 Camp Dates
- July 23-26 (Monday-Thursday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 23-26 (mon-thurs)
- Check-in: 1:00 p.m. on Monday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 12:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-8:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 9:00-8:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and Dinner will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch/Free Time
- 1:00 p.m. Instruction and drills, position play
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Chalk Talks
- 8:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 8:30 p.m. Evening Activities
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out
Current features include:
- A complete lighting system added in 2011
- Two covered dugouts (with lighting and power)
- Scoreboard (located in right center field)
- Fenced batting cage with power available
- Bleacher seating for approx. 1,200
Field Dimensions from home plate to the fence:
- Left Field - 330 ft.
- Right Field - 330 ft.
- Center Field - 400 ft.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
It was such a great camp!
July 30, 2018: I enjoyed the Instagram story, this allowed me to see what the players were being taught. Awesome experience for young players to be able to stay over and focus on improving there skills.
— Geronimo G.
This camp was a great experience!
July 28, 2018: I think that, for my son, the whole experience was a big highlight, but if I was to name one particular thing it would be meeting other kids from different places.
— Francisco B.
This was a great camp!
July 27, 2018: Great well rounded camp and great environment. Food was good as well.
My son really enjoyed the camp!
July 27, 2018: My son enjoyed the various offensive and defensive stations- games were fun and helpful and helped improve his skills (i.e. Home Run Derby and King of the Hill). Also, he enjoyed Coach Tom's talks.
— Amy P.
It was great fun!
July 27, 2018: My son made friends and came back excited about his baseball skills.
A big Thank You to the staff for showing my boy how much fun baseball can be.
July 27, 2018: My son was beaming with laughter and smiles the entire camp. He gained invaluable attributes that will last a lifetime.The staff was nothing but knowledgeable and informative. The drills I observed and the way the staff taught the boys was on point with enhanced skill development. The tutelage was encouraging and positive and the mental game aspect was discussed at every break in the action and during the evening meeting before night time activities.I thought the older boys caught on to the gems of wisdom and the introduction to thought process for the younger ones will only enhance their game in the hopeful near future.
— William J.
July 31, 2017: It was an awesome experience for my son, he was very happy about what he learned.
— Perla R. Parent
July 31, 2017: Our son loved the camp and is looking forward to returning next year. He improved his baseball skills and enjoyed meeting friends from around the world.
— Beth C. Parent
July 31, 2017: My son had a great time meeting new people and the experience of camp
— Sean M. Parent
Professional level baseball camp run by "real" professionals
"Professional level baseball camp run by "real" professionals! There are many baseball camps available, but this camp is the only one I can recommend to enthusiastic players and their parents. Thank you very much."
Genuine, Knowledgeable Coaches
"My coach surpassed my expectations as a coach and as a person. He is very genuine and knowledgeable about the sport of baseball."
Quality Individual Instruction
"I was impressed that the coaches worked with us individually. At other camps it was almost always as a group. They covered everything about baseball and even introduced me to some new strength training exercises."
Gave Me Some Perspective Of My Playing Level
"The camp was very fun and informative and really gave me some perspective of my playing level. I will definitely try to come back next year and try to bring some friends."
Every Young Baseball Player Should Attend This Camp
"This was a very good camp. I would say every baseball playing child should go to this camp or one similar."
My son enjoyed the camp tremendously! He loved the chats and questions about baseball. He has been around the game from an early age since he has an order brother who played and played @ the college level. He may be 14 but has mentally been ahead of others his age. He won the award for Wisest for his age! Don't laugh but I had to explain what this meant and afterwards he replied well I do know baseball. This is now our new family joke. I want to thank all the coaches and assistance for the time they spent with Drake. It was worth the expense for the experience.
True passion for baseball
My son had a very enjoyable time at camp! He has a true passion for baseball and was happy to be surrounded by other boys and coaches who share his drive and love of the sport! This was his first overnight camp experience and it went very smoothly! He is attending another Nike baseball camp at Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington next week! He is creating memories and being encouraged to continue working toward his dream through your camps!
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.