Nike Big League Baseball Camp The Pennington School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
The Nike Big League Baseball Camp at the Pennington School is operated by Professional Sports Camps. These camps challenge every young athlete to expand their skill set all in a fun setting!
The camp was originated by Lou Haneles. Mr. Haneles love of sports instilled in him a desire to operate a camp where athletes could not only come and learn the fundamentals of each sport, but a place where they could also enjoy themselves as well. Since 1980 the camp has been run by the Carlesi family. The Carlesi's consider all their campers and staff an extended family and conducts the camp with traditional family values.
- Lectures - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game.
- Position Play - During the week all positions will be covered by our staff.
- Drills - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- Instructional Games - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him what he did wrong and how to do it right.
- Individual Instructions - Our camp is known for offering that personal touch and giving the individual attention some campers may need to truly learn and understand the game more thoroughly.
- Teach To Understand - We want every camper to understand the reasoning behind the methods we use. It is for this reason that our coaches take the time to explain the reasoning behind why you execute a certain way.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director John Carlesi
Director John Carlesi has been leading instruction for past 20 years. The current head baseball coach at Stuyvesant High School, John is a former Division II player and coach at St. Leo College (Fla.). John also served as Director of Staten Island YMCA baseball program.
Since 1946 tens of thousands of campers have passed through our doors. Over the years we have had the satisfaction of seeing our former campers make their town league, high school and college teams, with some even advancing into professional sports.
Experience and trust are two factors that cannot be overlooked when exploring a camp for your child. Our experience in running sports camps is second to none. Over the years, thousands of parents have trusted us to not only teach their chidren, but also with their well being.
No camp, or business for that matter, would be around for this amount of time unless we were doing something right. We look foward to having the honor and privilege of showing you and your child what a great experience professional sports camps can be.Show Less See More Camp Details
Check-in Sunday, August 4th: Time and place TBD.
Camp concludes on Wednesday, August 7th, 12:00 pm
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Includes all baseball and and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to lunch on Thursday.
Includes all baseball and night activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch Monday-Wednesday. Day campers will be picked up and signed out each day by his/her parent or guardian at 4:00pm each day.
Camp Code: PSBAPS
Professional Sports Camps are owned and operated by Professional Sports Camps LLC which is a limited liability company formed under the laws of the State of Nevada.
The Pennington School is not in any way involved in the ownership or management of the Camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching Exercises
- 9:15 a.m. Instructional Session
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Drills/Games
- 3:30 p.m. Recreational Time/Free Time
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Drills/Contests/Games
- 8:30 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 8:45 p.m. Recreational Time/Movie/Contests
- 10:00 p.m. Bed Check/Lights Out
Located just 10 minutes west of Princeton and about an hour from New York City and Philadelphia, The Pennington School is a prestigious college preparatory school with first-rate athletic facilities. The 54 acre campus and close-knit dormitories provide a secure environment in which to grow and develop as a dedicated baseball player. Players stay in air conditioned single, double or triple rooms.