Nike Boys Basketball Camp Tour: Spain
VACATION WITH A PURPOSE!
The whole family is invited to Spain summer 2019! Travel with us to the stunning cities of Madrid and Valencia for an unforgettably rich cultural and basketball experience. Give your son the opportunity of a lifetime where he'll not only get to explore and learn about a different culture, but he'll also build new friendships, improve his basketball skills and compete against international teams with coaching from 14-year Nike Basketball Camp Director DeShawn Henry and former professional player Esian Henderson.
- 3 training sessions & 4 competitive games against local European teams
- 4 Star hotel accommodations & delicious meals
- Stunning site seeing & tourism in Madrid and Valencia
- Nike player uniform package
- All transportation for scheduled events
- And, the whole family is invited!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director DeShawn Henry
This year marks DeShawn Henry's 20th year of basketball coaching, entering his 12th year as Head Coach at Durango High School and 14th summer as a Nike Basketball Camp Director. He has led 11 winning seasons for the Trailblazers and was named Coach of the Year in 2013-14 and 2015-16. Coach Henry has built a program that is dedicated to developing successful young players, fostering strong relations, and stressing the importance of academic excellence for his student athletes.View DeShawn Henry's Bio ⟩
- 20 years of basketball coaching experience
- 12 years as Head Coach at Durango HS, Las Vegas
- 11 winning seasons with play-off appearances at Durango HS
- Coach of Year – 2013-2014 & 2015-2016
- 14 years as the director of Nike Blazer Camp at Durango HS
- 56 players have advanced to the college level, 21 at the NCAA Division I level
- 2012 & 2013 LeBron Skills Academy coach
- 2008 Nike Global USA assistant coach
- 18 years as an assistant Track and Field coach
- USA Basketball Gold Certified Coach
- High school counselor at Durango HS
- Graduate of University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Camp Director Esian Henderson
Esian Henderson, born and raised in Kansas City, MO, is a former professional basketball player (BDA Europe, 2009-2018) and the founder of Inspire Basketball Camps, LLC. Esian created Inspire Basketball Camps in 2016 to provide youth athletes the opportunity to work with an extensive network of talented players, trainers, and coaches, with an emphasis on education.View Esian Henderson's Bio & Basketball Tips ⟩
Esian attended the University of Central Missouri (UCM) and competed in the 2009 Division II Final Four, falling one game short of the Division II National Championship Game. He graduated UMC with a a B.A. in Corporate Communication (2007-2009).
After graduating, Esian moved on to play professionally in Europe and has since received numerous awards such as eurobasket.com player of the week numerous times, league MVP, Forward of the Year, Championships and one Finals MVP.
Esian is a product of a small college player that got the most out of his ability and, through Inspire Basketball, is sharing his knowledge with youth athletes to help them achieve their dreams. The goal of Inspire Basketball is to help kids understand what it takes to play at the next level.
Professional Athlete, BDA Europe (Agency) — 2009-2018
Since finishing at The University of Central Missouri in 2009, Esian has been employed as a professional basketball player in Europe. He has been contracted to play in 10 different countries throughout Europe since that time, competing at the highest level. He has played for the following teams throughout his career:
- E.S. Rades; Tunis, Tunisia (2009)
- Astrum Levice; Levice Slovakia (2011/2012)
- ZTE Zalakaramia; Zalaegerszeg, Hungary (2012)
- LF Basket; Lulea, Sweden (2013)
- Iowa Energy, Des Moines, Iowa; NBA D-League/MMcite Brno; Brno, Czech Republic (2014)
- Istanbul DSI; Istanbul, Turkey (2015)
- Bondi Ferrara; Ferrara, Italy 2016
- Tampereen Pyrintö; Tampere, Finland 2016-17
- Panionios; Athens, Greece 2017
- Soproni KC; Sopron, Hungary 2017-18
This thrilling tour of Spain is designed to take your basketball game to the next level, while exposing you to new cultures and beautiful sites. Each junior participant must be accompanied by an adult and we encourage you to bring the whole family!
2019 TOUR DATES: July 10-19*
Space is limited to 4 teams (two 12U and two 14U) with only 10 spots available per team. This tour is strongly encouraged for experienced, intermediate to advanced players. Registration closes April 10th, so be sure to reserve your spot early!
*Please keep in mind that the land tour starts on July 11. Our schedule assumes that participants’ flights will depart on July 10 and arrive in Europe the next day.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TOUR?
If you have very specific questions regarding the logistics of the tour (hotels, flights, sightseeing activities, daily schedule etc.) please call our Tour Coordinator Remy Sennema: +1-603-373-7223 (Office Number).
For all other questions, please call the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-NIKE-CAMP (645-3226).
P.S. Coach Henry or Coach Henderson will contact and interview you by phone for final approval shortly after you submit your registration.Show Less See More Camp Details
SCHEDULE & INFORMATION:
- Per Person (camper or accompanying family member): $2,095*
- *Price does not include airfare. Our dedicated Legacy Global Sports travel agent has secured discounted flights for our group from/to McCarran International Airport in Paradise, NV (Las Vegas). Participants have the option to purchase the group flight during registration or may arrange for their own flight out of McCarran or any airport of choice. The group flight is a special opportunity for players and family members to travel together however, it is not a requirement.
- Uniform Package for all players
- Airport transfers (to/from, based on 1 set time)
- 4 Star Hotel Accommodations
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- 3 Basketball Training sessions with Head Coaches
- 4 Basketball Games vs local European teams
- City Tours of Madrid and Valencia
- Madrid Excursion (TBA)
- Tour Director exclusive to your group
- Access to online fundraiser – raise all tour costs
- Assistance with booking flights
- Out of pocket expenses
NUMBER OF PLAYERS BY POSITION:
- Point Guard: 8
- Shooting Guard: 8
- Small Forward: 8
- Power Forward: 8
- Center: 8
*Once we receive your application, we will let you know if we still have availability for your requested position.
2019 TRIP ITINERARY:
TBD. Dates and locations of training sessions/matches are subject to change.
ABOUT LEGACY GLOBAL SPORTS:
LEGACY GLOBAL SPORTS. IMPACTING LIVES. DEVELOPING LEADERS.
We now engage over 1,000,000 elite youth athletes and their families at over 350 exclusive youth sports events, tournaments and tours across North America and Europe each year. Our world-class marquee events and brand partnerships enhance our brand equity give us the leverage to dominate elite youth sports across all pillars of the LEGACY brand – from events and academies to housing & travel, apparel, education and representation.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TOUR?
If you have very specific questions regarding the logistics of the tour (hotels, flights, sightseeing activities, daily schedule etc.) please call our Tour Coordinator: Remy Sennema +1-603-373-7223 (Office Number)
For all other questions, please call the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-NIKE-CAMP
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURS
Please note all cancellations must be received in writing to the Event Manager listed on the webpage. Cancellations made later than 180 days prior to departure are subject to the following scale of charges payable by the customer:
- Cancellation 120 to 91 days of event departure: $500.00 USD non-refundable (per person).
- Cancellation at/inside of 90 to 61 days of event departure: $1000.00 USD non-refundable (per person).
- Cancellation at/inside of 60 to 41 days of event departure: 100% of payment scheduled amount non-refundable per person.
US Sports Camps, Inc. is a registration agent only and Nike, Inc. is a marketing sponsor only. Neither entity has operational or management control of the Legacy programs, and makes no representations or warranties, nor assumes any liability regarding those programs.
Camp Dates & Prices
PLAYER AGE GROUP: 9-14
PLAYER GENDER: Boys
Please note you will be taken to a 3rd party site (Legacy Global Sports) to complete your registration. If you get stuck at anytime, you can reach out to Remy Sennema: email@example.com or 603-242-2805. The first step will be to create a new account as “New Player”. After that, please follow all prompted steps.
Per Person: $2095.00
(Airfare not included)