Nike Basketball Camp Round Rock Sports Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Improve your skills, strength and conditioning, and basketball IQ this summer at Round Rock's premier sports facility located in the Greater Austin Area.
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt, workbook, wristband and more
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Raymond Briggs
Coach Briggs has been active at all levels in the San Antonio basketball community for over a decade. A Kansas native, Briggs moved to San Antonio in 2001 to play basketball for the University of Texas San Antonio on a full athletic scholarship.View Raymond Briggs's Bio ⟩
"I was blessed to have been on and around a lot of great coaches and teams who were #1 in the state during high school, to playing college ball at every level; Junior College, Division II, and Division I; and a year of Pro Ball in Mexico. Being a great teammate, competitor, and hard worker is what I enjoyed the most and always knew that I wanted to give back all of the things that I learned from playing that helped make me a better player and person.”
He has always had a passion in working with youth through sports and upon graduating in 2004 with a degree in Sociology he has continued to pursue his passion in using basketball as a vehicle to develop young people for success.
Having experience in all levels of player and team development from beginners all the way to scholarship athletes and pro’s his message of using basketball to develop youth has been recognized by hundreds of players and families over the years.
Team Coaching Experience:
- 2017- present: JV & Asst. Varsity Coach St. Anthonys Catholic School
- 2005-Present: St. George Episcopal Private School Coach
- 2004-2016: Grassroots AAU Club Basketball Coach & Trainer (San Antonio, TX)
- 1999-2001: AAU Club Basketball (Leavenworth, KS)
Camp and Training Experience:
- Antonio Daniels Basketball Camp Coach
- Tony Parker Skills Clinic Coach
- John Lucas Enterprises Events
- College University Team Camps
- Rising Stars Basketball Camp Trainer w/ national scout Van Coleman
- 5-Star Basketball Camp Counselor
- Factory of Champions Basketball Camp Coach
- San Antonio Spurs Camp Coach
- Home Court America Summer Camp Coach
- Harold Youth Center Camp Counselor (Leavenworth, KS)
- Leavenworth Summer Basketball Camp Coach(Leavenworth, KS)
Staff Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy
With over 15 years of training and coaching experience that covers all age groups and skills levels, Ultimate Champions has become one of the nation's premier basketball training academies.View Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy's Bio ⟩
Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy was founded by National Nike Sports Camp Director Terrence Jones. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Ultimate Champions hosts Nike Basketball Camps over spring, summer, and winter break throughout Texas, New York City and most recently, Baton Rouge. Their vision is to help players enhance skill development, athleticism, explosiveness, and overall game through positive and challenging instruction.
AUGUST 6-9, 2018
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Thursday at 3:15PM
Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Daily Hours: MON-THURS 9AM-4:30PM
ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS PHILOSOPHY
In order to be successful there has to be a strong foundation. If a builder is building a house, he must have a strong foundation in order for the house to stand properly over time. Well, the same is for basketball. There must be a strong foundation in fundamentals for continuous individual improvement. In addition to an emphasis on skill development, camp will also aim to improve each players athleticism and explosiveness.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Stretching
- 9:15 AM Ball-Handling
- 9:45 AM One on One Moves
- 10:30 AM Defensive Work (stance, movement, communication, desire)
- 11:00 AM Shooting Work (foot alignment, shoulder alignment, balance, selection, technique)
- 11:30 AM 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:15 PM Stretching/Warm-Up
- 1:30 PM Ball-Handling
- 2:00 PM Passing
- 2:30 PM Guest Speaker/lecture
- 3:00 PM Offensive & Defensive Fundamentals
- 3:20 PM Shooting Skills Competition
- 3:45 PM 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 4:25 PM Ending Speech and Recognition
- 4:30 PM Dismissal
Round Rock Sports Center is Round Rock's premier athletic facility, boasting 6 basketball courts that convert to 3 NCAA regulation courts.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Very skilled and experienced coaches.
August 11, 2017: Very skilled and experienced coaches. My child learned so much with the daily drills and his skills have improved significantly. My kid was very excited about this camp and looked forward to each day. Highly recommend this camp for all serious basketball players. Will be back next year!
— Karina E. Parent