Nike Basketball Camp Sierra Canyon School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Nationally recognized for its basketball program, 5-time State Championship Head Coach, Alicia Komaki, will lead three camp weeks on her school turf in Chatsworth. This year will include complete skills and high intensity programs to accommodate players of all abilities.
The Complete Skills Camps help players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental skills, and enhance their abilities at the post, wing, or guard position.
The High Intensity Camp is for the serious athlete looking for advanced skills training. This camp is drill based with equal focus on offense, defense, practice concepts, film and game study.
- Emphasis placed on individual development and team play
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Nike Basketball Camps t-shirt, workbook, wristband and more
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alicia Komaki
Alicia Komaki just completed her fifth season as Head Coach of the Girls Basketball team. In her first three seasons, Komaki led the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers to 3 straight California State Championships. Coach Komaki has 5 state championship rings, and 1 national championship on her resume.View Alicia Komaki's Bio ⟩
During her first three seasons at the helm, she won back to back to back State Championships. Last season, she led the Trailblazers to the regional semifinals of the CIF State Division 1 Championships. In 2015, she guided the Trailblazers to the Gold Coast League Championship. At Sierra Canyon, Komaki has an overall record of 126-33 and has won an average of 25 games a season in five years. She was also recently selected as 1 of 4 National coaches to be a court coach for the USA Basketball U16 National Team Trials in Colorado Springs.
Complete Skills I: June 18-21
High Intensity: July 9-12
Complete Skills II: August 6-9
Check-in: Monday at 8:30am
Closing Ceremony: Thursday at 2:30pm
Daily Hours: MON-THURS 9am-3pm
Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch or lunch money ($5/day). The $5 lunch includes the item of the day, a snack, and drink.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony!
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Introduction/Roll Call
- 9:00 AM Foam Roll
- 9:10 AM Dynamic Warm-up/Stabilization/Core
- 9:40 AM Footwork Ladders/Agility
- 10:00 AM Ball Handling Series Stationary/On the Move
- 10:30 AM Pass and Catch Series Stationary/On the Move
- 11:00 AM Dribble Attack Skills w/ Finishing Moves
- 11:30 AM 1-2-3 Man Games
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Afternoon Warm-up
- 1:15 PM 3-Minute Tournament
- 1:30 PM Catch and Shoot Series
- 2:00 PM Shooting on The Move Series/Transition Attack w/ Finishes
- 2:30 PM Cutthroat-Attack Games
- 3:00 PM Cool Down/Stretching/Closing Comments
The Sierra Canyon School campus is park-like with more than 700 trees, groomed lawns, beautiful flowers, and a custom designed horse trail which continues into Brown’s Canyon.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
All three of my kids loved camp
July 14, 2017: All three of my kids loved camp and they can't wait to go back. They enjoyed the different stations.
— Kevin B. Parent
Love the camp size
July 14, 2017: Love the camp size. Not too many campers makes for great learning!
— Harold H. Parent
My favorite part of the camp was playing 5 on 5 with all of the older players.
I enjoyed the ball handling drills, the ladder drills, and the coaches. My favorite part of the camp was playing 5 on 5 with all of the older players.
— Emily C. Camper
It was fun!
I like the coaches and it was fun doing all the contests to see who won.
— David L. Camper