Nike Cross Country Camp North Georgia
SERIOUS XC FUN
2024 Camp Dates Announced!
Offering exceptional Cross Country training, the 2024 Nike North Georgia Cross Country Camp welcomes middle school and high school XC runners of all ability levels and interests.
Located in Kennesaw, Georgia, just 25 miles from Atlanta, and 35 miles from Atlanta International Airport (ATL), the Kennesaw State University Campus is centrally located and easily accessible for campers.
As always, our focus will be on providing elite coaching and an unforgettable running experience to our campers. We look forward to another amazing year!
- Top Level Collegiate Coaches & Student Athletes
- Daily Morning and Afternoon Training Sessions
- Training Sessions include trail runs at Kennesaw Mountain
- Informative and Inspirational Guest Speakers
- 10:1 Camper to Staff Ratio
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt.
- View More Details ⟩
Director Adam Bray
Adam Bray is entering his 16th year of collegiate Track & Field/Cross Country coaching. Bray serves as head XC and assistant track & field coach at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, GA.View Adam's Bio ⟩
During Bray’s coaching career he has had the privilege to work with many successful student athletes across a variety of events in track & field. Most notably Bray has coached or worked with NCAA Champions, NCAA All-Americans and Conference champions at each these institutions.
Bray competed at the University of Akron track & cross country teams. Bray earned both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Akron in Exercise Science and Sports Science respectively.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: This camp SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Coach Bray and his staff have designed a comprehensive training camp program which focuses on cross country fundamentals, including drills, pacing, strength endurance, speed and core strengthening, as well as the mental edge necessary for top athletic performances. “Coaching for me has always been a passion. I’m very fortunate that it ended up as my career. I am excited to be a part of this camp and to teach, inspire and guide our campers,” says Coach Bray.
Join us for a week in this challenging, fun and inspiring environment.
- Dates: July 7-11, 2024
- Age Group: 12-17 (Middle & High School)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Day
- Meals: All meals are provided at the on-campus dining facility. Day campers do NOT receive breakfast or dinner.
- Check-in: Overnight campers Sunday, 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Check-out: All campers Thursday, 12:00 PM
- Day Campers:
- Monday to Wednesday, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Thursday 7:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Location: University Village Suites, Lot L - Kennesaw State University
- View the campus map here
Overnight Campers should arrive at camp, prepared to run on Sunday, the 1st day of camp.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
- Dorm: Assigned at check in
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
- Bathrooms: Shared on floor
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: $50 check made payable to US Sports Camps
Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEES:
- Overnight Campers: Features several instructional sessions per day, three hot meals, and lodging in residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
- Day Campers: This option offers the same features as the resident camp minus lodging, breakfast, and dinner (Day Campers should eat breakfast before daily check-in).
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10
- Grouped by: age, ability, current mileage, and XC experience
- Equipment needed: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Racing flats/spikes are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Kennesaw State University, local roads and trails
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above
- Comfortable non-running clothing
- Underwear and socks
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Swimsuit and towel
- Pen and paper for notes during guest speakers
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Fan (optional) - Dorms are Air Conditioned
- Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Laundry detergent
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE CROSS COUNTRY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Cross Country camps please see our FAQ page.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:30am Meet for Morning Session
- 11:00am Return to Campus
- 12:00pm Lunch and free time.
- 1:30pm Guest speaker
- 3:00pm Training Session: Second Run or Pacing Workout + Drills, Strides
- 5:00pm Return to dorms.
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Free time or Camp Activity, (volleyball, flag football, etc.).
- 9:00pm Check Out and Departure (Extended Day Campers ONLY)
- 10:00pm In rooms. Lights out at 10:30!
Camp Questions & Answers
How many campers are placed in a dorm and do you accommodate roommate requests?
Campers stay two per room in the campus residential halls. When you register for the camp, you have an option to submit a roommate request. If you would like to add a roommate request after registering for a camp, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We accommodate all roommate requests, made before 2 weeks before the start of camp. Campers who do not submit a roommate request will be placed in a dorm with other runners, similar age and same gender.
Are the campers supervised throughout the camp?
Yes, campers are supervised by the coaches and staff. Staff members reside in the same dorms as the campers and provide supervision during instruction, dining times, evening activities, and in the dorm. All staff members complete criminal and sex offender background checks before working the camp.
Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
Campers dine in the school cafeteria which offers a variety of different meal options that are sure to accommodate most campers’ dietary needs. In the case that a camper possesses extreme dietary restrictions, please reach out to school’s Dining Services to make the proper accommodations.
Does the Health & Release Form need to be signed by a doctor?
Our Health & Release Form does not require a doctor’s signature. This online form is required to be filled out accurately, signed by the parent (guardian), and completed before arrival to the first day of camp.
Can I come to camp alone or do I have to be a member of a team?
We welcome individual campers and teams. If you come to camp by yourself, we place you in a dorm room with another single camper, similar in age. It's a great place to meet new friends who share your enthusiasm for the sport and to have FUN!
What does my child need to bring to camp?
We will provide campers a detail list of "what to bring to camp" items in camp information packet, which will be provided 3 weeks before camp start date.
My child is new to the sport, do you accept athletes who are beginners in the sport?
Campers should be running consistently prior to arrival at camp and be able to run a minimum of 3-4 miles per run.
July 17, 2023: My son enjoyed the experience of running with counselors who were college athletes and networking with likeminded runners from other schools and parts of the country.
July 15, 2023: meeting all of the counselors and coach bray and learning from them. and them also signing my cross country spikes
July 15, 2023: My son had a great time meeting and working with the college runners. This is invaluable exposure.
July 19, 2023: The small group size along with a motivational coach and staff made it a memorable experience.
July 14, 2023: Learning from coaches and counselors while making friends with fellow runners
July 19, 2023: My daughter enjoyed every aspect of the camp, especially the morning runs.
July 14, 2023: Learning more about the sport and how to pursue it outside of high school.
We LOVED this camp!
Dan said they worked hard but that he had so much fun and that he met cool people there.
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.