Nike Running Camp Wasatch Academy
High Altitude Training
WE ARE NOT HOSTING THE NIKE XC CAMP AT WASATCH ACADEMY IN 2023. Please find our LIVE Nike Running Camps here or check out the links below.
Other Nike Running Camps near the Nike XC Camp at Wasatch Academy:
- Nike High Altitude XC Camp at UC Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
- Nike Arizona Elevate XC Camp, Prescott, AZ
- Nike Cross Country Camp Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Nike Cross Country Camp Rose City
Come train with one of the premier coaches in Utah at Wasatch Academy! Improve your speed, strength, and endurance in this high altitude environment! Set on the beautiful Wasatch Academy 30-acre high mountain valley campus at 6000', our runners have quick access to valley trails as well as the Wasatch Plateau and the iconic Skyline Drive for training runs at 10,000' elevation. Coach Bill Bedford leads camp with a goal to improve your time through trail runs, strength & conditioning exercises, and mental preparation activities.
- Low 10:1 camper to coach ratio
- 5K graduation run on the final morning of camp
- High altitude trail runs, 6000' elevation
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- Guest speakers addressing XC prep, running technique and gear.
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Bill Bedford
Coach Bill Bedford has been the cross country and track and field coach at Wasatch Academy and North Sanpete High School (Mt. Pleasant, UT) since 1990. His athletes have won numerous individual and team Regional Championships as well as individual State Championships over the years in both sports.View Bill's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Sylvia Bedford
Coach Bedford will be assisted at the camp by his daughter Sylvia. Sylvia was a four sport athlete in high school and went on to run collegiately in the NCAA Division 1 ranks for Southern Utah University.View Sylvia's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Set in the midst of breathtaking mountain scenery, the location offers the perfect combination of recreational opportunities and a physically safe environment for kids to enjoy their experience of living on campus and making the most of their training.
The camp features several instructional sessions per day, swimming, three hot meals, and lodging in residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
Multiple sessions with guest speakers address summer cross country preparation, running technique and gear, the college experience for runners, technology tools to enhance training, the topic of lifestyle/ nutrition as well as providing inspiration and purpose for the work ahead.
The graduation run is a 5K race, the Ute Stampede (Nephi), the final morning of camp.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Check-in: Wednesday - 12pm
- Checkout: Saturday - 11am
- Ratio: 1:10
- Players Grouped by: skill, age, times and years of experience
- Evaluation: verbally given by coaching staff
- Facility: Track and trails
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
- Bathrooms: shared on floor
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No
- Key Deposit: TBA
- Spending Money: $40
- Medical Facility: a certified athletic trainer is on-site
**The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
GEAR UP FOR CAMP
All Nike Cross Country Campers receive a Nike camp t-shirt as part of their tuition. Additional Nike Camp gear is available for purchase at check-out or can be purchased at any time on our storefront.
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We do not offer transportation to and from camp.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 AM Light breakfast
- 8:00 AM Morning run (valley locations)
- 9:30 AM Morning clinic / presentation
- 11:00 AM Stability / weights / strength / cross training work
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Rest, reading, journaling
- 2:00-4:00 PM High altitude trail training run
- 4:30-5:30 PM Afternoon swim
- 6:00 PM Dinner
- 7:00 PM Guest speaker or evening activity
Between the open land and the breathtaking scenery, Wasatch Academy is the ideal training center for both the seasoned runner and enthusiastic newbie.
Sadie really enjoyed camp, her coaches and worked hard
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.