Academic Camps Questions & Answers
- Why Academic Camps?
- I finished registration, What's next?
- When will I get my confirmation email?
- What skill levels are available?
- What are the differences between overnight and day camps?
- Can my team come to camp and train together?
- Do you offer group discounts?
- What should I bring to a Day or Extended Day camp?
- Is transportation available?
- What is Cancellation Protection?
1 Why Academic Camps?
US Sports Camps connects youth with the coaches and educators that motivate, energize, and improve campers! We believe there is a need for youth enrichment of an academic nature for our community of youth athletes. Partnering with the leaders in education, STEM, arts, and learning allows our families to find all their camp needs with the team you can trust at US Sports Camps.
2 I finished registration, What's next?
- Fill out your Health & Release Forms: Use your confirmation number (in your confirmation email to complete your health & release forms ahead of camp! Please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/health-and-release-faq/ and review your packet for any camp specifics forms * If your camper is attending a camp in Massachusetts or Connecticut, please follow the Health & Release Form instructions listed in your Information Packet.
- Read your Info Packet: this will be sent out close to the camp start date and includes the following important information and more: Onsite Camp Director contact information, check-in location, Mandatory Health and Release forms and waivers, Peace of Mind & Cancellation Policy, and Covid-19 safety information.
3 When will I get my confirmation email?
Right after registration, you will receive a confirmation email. If you haven't, please email [email protected] for assistance.
4 What skill levels are available?
Classes are broken down by age or grade level. We support learners of all levels being in the same class, supporting each other, sharing challenges, and building camaraderie. Almost all camps are for Beginner through Advanced. In some cases, the class description will indicate if this isn't the case.
5 What are the differences between overnight and day camps?
Overnight Camps: Our overnight camps include daily instruction, fun evening activities, all meals, and on-campus housing.
Extended Day Camps: Ideal for commuter campers looking for the full camp experience. Includes daily instruction, lunch, dinner, and evening activities. Extended Day camps typically run from 9am-8pm daily.
Day Camps: Day Camps offer the same great instruction and games as our Overnight Camps, but allows campers to return home after a hard day’s work. Day camps typically run from 9am-3pm or 4pm daily.
6 Can my team come to camp and train together?
Yes! We encourage teams to register and train together. Teams can be placed together for most sessions and games. Please add a note at check-out and mention it to the camp director on day 1.
7 Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! We offer the following group discounts for most Academic Camps locations:
4-7 campers: 5% off per camper
8 or more campers: 10% off per camper
To redeem, call 800-433-6060 ext 5, and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
8 What should I bring to a Day or Extended Day camp?
Below is a suggested generic list of clothes, equipment, and personal items to bring with you to camp. This list varies per camp. It is recommended review your info pack for specific items to bring
• Athletic or comfortable clothing
• Close-toed shoes
• Water bottle
• Small bag/backpack
• COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Please refer to the information packet for more recommended items to bring for an Overnight camp
9 Is transportation available?
We do not provide transportation to or from camp. If you are flying, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
10 What is Cancellation Protection?
US Sports Camps offers our camp families Cancellation Protection for $100 per session, due at the time of registration. Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of your camp tuition fees paid to date if you cancel for any reason before your final payment date (the first day of the month prior to the month of your camp start date. i.e. final pay date is May 1st if your camp date begins in the month of June). Please note: $100 Cancellation Protection and the Registration Fee are non-refundable.
With Cancellation Protection, if you cancel after your final payment due date and at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in, you will receive a VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Participants who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows for any reason) or who do not contact US Sports Camps to cancel at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in will not receive a voucher or refund. Your VOUCHER is transferable to an immediate family member and may be used in any camp on the US Sport Camp platform.