Nike Field Hockey Camp Lexington
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This summer field hockey camp in Massachusetts delivers top-notch instruction from Nike Field Hockey Director, Laura Galopim. Our field hockey camp for girls and boys will take place on the turf fields at Lincoln Park's athletic complex.
Unleash your potential this summer at the field hockey camp in Lexington open to athletes, ages 7-18, of all skill levels. Players from the Boston area and beyond are welcome to come to improve their stick skills on the pitch in a fun and competitive environment!
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- "Sticks for Starters" program available for kids just learning the sport
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches and collegiate athletes
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Laura Galopim
Laura Galopim is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Lexington High School.View Laura Galopim's Bio ⟩
After 17 years as the head coach at Weston High School, Coach Galopim took the DI coaching position at Lexington High School in the summer of 2014. Galopim has been coaching for 26 years at the Varsity level. Her overall record at the varsity level is 366-107-52 with 13 league titles and five North Sectional Championships in 26 years. The Wildcats won the Division 1 state championship in 2008 and were state finalists two other times. In the past 23 years, her teams have won 12 league titles, 5 North Sectional titles, and 3 State Final appearances.
2020, 2019 & 2018 Middlesex League Championship Title
2008 MIAA Division 1 State Champions
2008 Boston Globe Coach of the Year
2003 Metro-West Coach of the Year
2002 Boston Globe Coach of the Year
Director of Coaching Michelle White
Coach White has twice been named the Daily Times Chronicle Field Hockey Coach of the Year and was also selected in 2017 as the Boston Globe Coach of the Year.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
Michelle played college field hockey for Boston University. Upon her graduation, she started her coaching career for her alma mater as a graduate assistant. After leaving BU, she spent time coaching at both Simmons College (as both an assistant and a head coach) and Babson College (as an assistant) before taking the varsity position at Winchester High School. For the past 16 years, Coach White has led the Winchester Sachems to a record of 187-87-34. During her tenure, the Sachems have won 6 league titles, appeared in 3 Division 1 North Title games and won 1 Division 1 North Title.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 6-18
- Gender: Boys & Girls
- Programs: All Skills (ages 10-18) & Sticks for Starters (ages 6-10)
- Camp Types: Full Day Camp & Half Day Camp
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring your own lunch each day.
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 10-13: All Skills
- July 10-13: Sticks for Starters
- July 24-27: All Skills
- July 24-27: Sticks for Starters
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
STICKS FOR STARTERS
- Session I: July 10-13
- Session II: July 24-27
- Gender/Ages: Girls & Boys, Ages 6-10
- Skill: Beginner
- Daily Hours: Monday- Thursday, 9:00am-12:00pm,
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 12:00pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out will follow after.
- Program: This Sticks for Starters program is designed for players who are just starting out or are new to the sport of field hockey. Campers can get a jump-start on their stick work, learn fundamental concepts, and build a solid foundation from highly-skilled staff in a fun and encouraging environment.
ALL SKILLS CAMPS
- Session I: July 10-13
- Session II: July 24-27
- Gender/Ages: Girls & Boys, Ages 10-18
- Skill: All skill levels
- Daily Hours: Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am-3:00pm, Thursday 8:30am-2:30pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out will follow after.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a lunch each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a canceled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make-up day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Parents have the right to review camp procedures on background checks, health care, discipline policies, and grievance procedures upon request.
This camp must comply with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-12:00pm Skills and small game tactics
- 12:00pm Sticks for Starters Campers depart
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45-1:15pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:15-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Camp takes place on the turf fields at Lincoln Park in Lexington, MA which is easily accessible via exit 30A from Route 128 South.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
July 31, 2023: The coaches and other players were very friendly and nice. Rotating stations teaching and reviewing helpful skills, making sure everyone knows how to do the skill and helping everyone not just saying does everyone know how to do this.
July 30, 2022: Our daughter came home happy, exhausted and ready to keep playing each and every day. She LOVED camp and is pushing us to find ways for her to continue her field hockey development during the school year.
July 15, 2023: My Daughter, new at the sport felt very comfortable learning among girls with lots of experience. The coaches celebrated her successes and improvements as they would with a very experienced player!
July 28, 2023: My young daughter (9) had a blast at this camp. She made friends, she sang songs and she improved her skills. The camp director was present and approachable. Very organized event.
July 29, 2022: Skills clinics that helped to improve play. Feedback from coaches and tips to improve individual skills
July 14, 2022: I had a lot of fun learning new skills in field hockey and making new friends while doing it.
July 29, 2022: Daughter enjoyed learning field hockey, plans to do middle school team in the fall
July 28, 2023: Being with friends and a wide variety of field hockey games and skills
July 28, 2023: the skills my daughter picked up and the fun she had with teammates
July 15, 2023: Being able to enhance skills being taught by knowledgeable coaches
July 29, 2022: My child had a great experience and can't wait for next year
July 28, 2023: The excitement my beginner came away with for the sport
July 28, 2023: My daughter was more confident on her driving skills
July 28, 2023: Working on new skills & making new friends
July 29, 2023: Great coaches made it fun for the girls
Nice mix of skill training and game play.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.