Nike Field Hockey Camp at Fair Oaks Park
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join our new field hockey camp in Sunnyvale at Fair Oaks Park for high-quality instruction designed to improve the foundational and complex skills of each camper. Campers will have the opportunity to train with former UC Davis Head Field Hockey Coach, Vianney Yamada, and her elite staff.
This summer field hockey camp in the Bay Area is open to girls and boys and will help athletes improve their field hockey techniques alongside other players with the same love for the game! Campers won't want to miss this opportunity to develop their skills in a fun and competitive camp environment.
- Top notch instruction from former DI Field Hockey Coach
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Vianney Yamada (Campos)
Coach Yamada has many years of valuable coaching experience, including her stint as Head Field Hockey Coach at UC Davis and Assistant Field Hockey Coach at University of the Pacific.View Vianney Yamada (Campos)'s Bio & Field Hockey Tips ⟩
Vianney was a 2006 NCAA Division I All- American, 4-time NorPac All-Conference Team, 3 Time Offensive Player of the Year, and 4 time West Region All American. In 2006, her senior year- she lead all players in NCAA Division I in Goals Per Game and Points Per Game.
After college, Yamada played with the USA National Developmental Squad and earned a cap playing for Team USA at the Atholding Champions Challenge in 2007.
Vianney is currently a wellness consultant and fitness trainer helping men, women & teens make healthy living a lifestyle. Her training background spans from Personal Training to CrossFit, to BirthFit which focuses on helping women train during pregnancy & postpartum.
She came to Fitness from Pursuit Athletics, her business helping high school athletes navigate the college recruitment process, and USA Field Hockey Futures (California) Director.
Vianney (pronounced VEE-uh-nay) holds a master's degree in sports pedagogy from the University of the Pacific and a bachelor's in sociology and criminal justice from the same school.
Married in May 2014 to Derrick Yamada, she is bilingual (Spanish being her first language) and has a 6-year-old son named Troy.
Field Hockey Tips by Vianney Yamada (Campos):
- Field Hockey Tip: Open Receiving (Receiving Across your Body)
- Field Hockey Tip: Warm-up Drill
- Field Hockey Tip: Reverse Hit
- Field Hockey Tip: Push Passing
- Field Hockey Tips: Incorporating Spins into Dribbling
- Field Hockey Tip: Tight Dribbling At Home Drill
- Field Hockey Tip: Hand Placement
- Field Hockey Tips: Develop your Flicking Skills at Home
- Nike Field Hockey Tips: The Long Grip Hit
- Field Hockey Tips: Perfecting your Jab
- Field Hockey Tips: How to Sweep
- Field Hockey tips on Long Grip drives
- How to perform a Short Grip Hit
- Tips to improve Triangle Receptions
- How to Improve Field Hockey Pulls at Home
- How to Deceptive Sweep in Field Hockey
Co-Director Katie Fixsen
Former University of the Pacific Player (Defender) 2004-2008, Former Mt. Carmel High School Coach (2009-2016), and Cathedral Catholic Head Coach (2018-current)
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots.
- Dates: June 19-22 (CANCELLED)
- Ages: 10-18
- Gender: Girls and boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2023
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
CAMP DIRECTOR NOTE TO CAMPERS
Hello Nike Field Hockey campers and thank you for considering our California Field Hockey Camps! We are excited to welcome you to our piece of sunshine on the west coast & share our great passion for this sport. At these camps, you can expect to get personalized attention and care. Our coaches are here to help you develop into great all-around players with solid fundamentals yet fun advanced skills. You will have an opportunity to connect with many players around the US but also build friendships with some of the players you may play against quite often. Believe it or not, this is actually the best part! Great hockey & great company! We hope you join us on these beautiful college campuses.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
- 9:00am Campers arrive. Warm-up
- 9:15am-12:00am Training Session I
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers Depart
Campers will take their skills to the next level at the top-notch facilities at Fair Oaks Park in Sunnyvale, CA.
Camp Dates & Prices
New Camp Dates Coming Soon!
Please join the Priority List to be notified when this program opens for 2023 registrations.