Nike Field Hockey Camp at The Lawrenceville School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Take your skills to the next level at our New Jersey field hockey camp this summer 2023. This camp is designed to help campers unleash their potential through intensive drill work and competitive gameplay, while having fun!
This summer field hockey camp at The Lawrenceville School, previously hosted at The Pennington School, is designed to improve each camper's skillset through top-notch instruction from Wendy Morris, Head Coach at Pennington School. Our field hockey camp for girls in Pennington offers extended day and overnight options for campers, ages 12-18 to advance their game and grow their love of field hockey.
- Instruction from college coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Low staff to camper ratio
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Wendy Morris
Wendy Morris is the Head Field Hockey Coach at The Pennington School.View Wendy's Bio ⟩
Coach Wendy Morris, with 32 years of coaching experience, completed her 11th field hockey season as the varsity coach of The Pennington School Field Hockey Team. Coach Morris has coached U19 and U16 players for USA Field Hockey Futures Program in New Jersey. She was a member of the USA Masters World Cup team that participated in the 2018 Masters World Cup in Barcelona, Spain. She continues to play club hockey and participate in USA Masters tournaments. Her daughters attended and played field hockey at the collegiate Division I level. Many of Coach Morris's players have gone on to play at some of the top Division I, II and III teams in the country. She teaches Latin and is also the head coach of the Pennington Girls Lacrosse Team.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: This camp SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
This camp was previously hosted at The Pennington School. The camp will have the same high-quality curriculum from Nike Camp Director, Wendy Morris.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: Ages 12-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuter) Camp
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place after from 12:00-12:30 pm.
- Extended Day (Commuter) Schedule: Sunday: 2:00pm-9:00pm, Monday-Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday: 9:00am-12:30pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is offered as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
- Dorms: TBD
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared in suite or shared on hall
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: TBD
- Room key/Meal card Deposit: Not required.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: All training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Overnight/Extended Day Camp Sample Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
The Lawrenceville School is located in central New Jersey, five miles south of Princeton, 55 miles south of New York City and 40 miles north of Philadelphia. Lawrenceville has 17 dormitories, 10 classroom buildings, and 7 other support buildings on 700 acres in a rural setting.
July 25, 2022: This was my daughter's second year and she just loves it. She has a great time while improving her field hockey skills.
July 16, 2022: Positive environment for my daughter to improve her hockey skills and have fun meeting other girls.
July 13, 2023: My daughter loved her first sleepaway camp. She loved the staff and gained skills.
July 13, 2023: My daughter really enjoyed the camp. She said all of the counselors were great.
July 16, 2022: The coaches were excellent with the girls both on and off the field.
July 13, 2023: Great schedule, amazing location and overall a great experience.
July 13, 2023: Dorm Experience and Improvement of Skills
July 13, 2023: Organize and well thought throughout
coaches were great and loved the facility
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.