Nike Field Hockey Camp at Pepperdine University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Our 2019 field hockey camp at Pepperdine University will provide players with the skills training they need to take their game to the next level. Train, compete, and improve alongside other field hockey players who share your love for the game, and have serious fun at this summer camp in Malibu, CA.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Quality coaching from current and former collegiate coaches and players as well as current and former National Team players.
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- 6-7 hours daily field hockey training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Vianney Yamada (Campos)
Coach Yamada has many years of valuable coaching experience, most recently the Head Field Hockey Coach at UC Davis from 2008-2013 and previously an Assistant Field Hockey Coach at University of the Pacific from 2007-2008.View Vianney Yamada (Campos)'s Bio ⟩
Vianney was a 2006 NCAA Division I All- American, 4 time NorPac All-Conference Team, 3 Time Offensive Player of the Year, and 4 time West Region All American. In 2006, her senior year- she lead all players in NCAA Division I in Goals Per Game and Points Per Game.
After college, Yamada played with the USA National Developmental Squad and earned a cap playing for Team USA at the Atholding Champions Challenge in 2007.
Vianney has been Facilities Rental Coordinator and Sports Camp Coordinator since 2014 at the Francis Parker School.
She came to Parker from Pursuit Athletics, her business helping high school athletes navigate the college recruitment process, and Longstreth Sporting Goods, where she was California sales account manager.
Vianney (pronounced VEE-uh-nay) holds a master's degree in sports pedagogy from University of the Pacific and a bachelor's in sociology and criminal justice from the same school.
Married in May 2014 to Derrick Yamada, she is bilingual (Spanish being her first language) and is a certified Crossfit trainer who with her husband has played in an adult dodgeball league for several years.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for boys and girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 21-23
This camp is open to boys and girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUNE 21-23
- Check-in: 10:00am on Friday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Friday: 10:00am-9:00pm , Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction on Pepperdine University's grass fields
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Extra Activities: Game Night
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Fields: Grass
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room/4 person suites
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is San Diego International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Less than an hour from downtown Los Angeles and nestled in the rolling foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains, Pepperdine University's Malibu campus commands a majestic view of the Pacific Ocean.