Nike Field Hockey Camp at Rocky Hill School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Come hone your skills and have fun at the 2019 field hockey camp at Rocky Hill School. This sports camp for girls provides the opportunity for players to train, compete, and improve.
This field hockey camp in Rhode Island offers a day camp session for girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all skill levels. Come elevate your skills and leave camp with a better understanding of and passion for the sport.
- Instruction from college coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Megan Williams
Megan WIlliams is the Director of Athletics at Rocky Hill School. Williams has been a member of the Goucher College community since 2012, serving as Assistant Athletic Director, Head Field Hockey coach, and faculty member, teaching courses in Sports Psychology and Diversity Issues in Athletics.View Megan's Bio ⟩
She was named the 2016 Landmark Conference Coach of the Year and is Goucher's winningest field hockey coach. Williams spent two years as an assistant coach at Virginia Wesleyan College and was the Head Coach at the National Training Center Olympic Development Futures Site.
Head Coach Julia Mauro
Julia Mauro joined the MIT field hockey coaching staff at the start of the 2016 season, marking her first intercollegiate coaching position. She previously served as the head varsity coach at Saint Stephen's Episcopal School in Austin, Texas.View Julia's Bio ⟩
A 2007 graduate of Old Dominion University, Mauro was a four-year player as a forward for the Monarchs. She contributed to a squad that made two appearances in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, captured a pair of Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) championships, and was the CAA regular-season champions all four seasons.
Mauro received a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications with a minor in Video and Film Studies.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-11
This camp is open to girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Camp Dates: July 8-11
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch is not provided, please bring a lunch with you to camp each day.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Optional swimming
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: Indoor facilities are available.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00-9:30am Dynamic warm up and movement games
- 9:30-11:00am Tactical skill training in small groups. Ex: aerial skills, advanced shooting techniques, fun competitions and games, etc.
- 11:30am-11:45am Lunch
- 11:45-1:30pm Tactical training in small groups. Ex:Defense to attack transition, utilizing free hits, etc.
- 1:30-2:30pm Small and large scale game play with emphasis on utilizing new skills and decision making.
- 2:30-3:00 pm Swim with lifeguard!
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The beautiful Rocky Hill School campus is located on 84 acres along the Potowomut River and Narragansett Bay in East Greenwich, RI.