Contact Football Camp at the Darlington School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Contact Football Camps
Contact Football Camps is pleased to announce that they will be running camp at the Darlington School in Rome, Georgia in 2019!
Come train with some of the best high school coaches in the South! Don't miss this opportunity to learn from elite coaches and improve your game!
- Individual Camp ages 9-18
- Grouping by age, weight and ability
- Contact Drills and Scrimmages
- Great exposure to college coaches
- Daily training to develop speed, strength and agility
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Tommy Atha
Head Coach Tommy Atha has led the Tigers football team to the state playoffs 17 times and coached them to three consecutive region championships from 2009-2011.View Tommy's Bio ⟩
Tommy has taught P.E. at Darlington since 1993 and also serves as an assistant athletic director, head varsity football coach and Middle School girls’ basketball coach. He holds a B.S. from Presbyterian College and has also coached track and taught civics, world geography and American history.
Contact Football Camps feature full contact drills and scrimmages with a staff of major college coaches and players. At camps "contact" is introduced in a slow, gradual progression before any actual "contact" is initiated. Campers are divided according to age, weight and ability.
The instruction stresses both individual positions and team play with every camper. Thousands of our previous football campers played, or are now playing college football (many at schools represented by our coaching staff).
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 16-19
Check-in on Sunday June 16: time and place TBD.
Check out on Wednesday June 19: 12:00 p.m. at the dorms. Parents are encouraged to attend the final scrimmages starting at 9 a.m. on the last day
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Campers need a full set of football equipment - helmet, shoulder pads, two jerseys (one light/one dark), pants and pads, football shoes (NO metal-tip cleats), athletic supporter, cup and mouthpiece. Equipment rentals available.
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Campers need a full set of football equipment - helmet, shoulder pads, two jerseys (one light/one dark), pants and pads, football shoes (NO metal-tip cleats), athletic supporter, cup and mouthpiece. Rental equipment is NOT available at this location and must be provided by each player.
Extended Day Camp
Includes all football and night activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Tuesday.
Includes all football and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday Breakfast on Wednesday, and double room occupancy in the dorms.
Camp Code: FBXRDS
Chris Hunter Stadium was built in 1993, and it hosts a variety of events throughout the year including, football, track & field, soccer, and lacrosse. Overnight campers stay in the English-style boarding houses on campus and all campers eat their meals in the Dodd Dining Hall.