Nike Elite Golf Camp at University of Virginia
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Elite Golf Camps is excited to announce the return of the Elite Player Experience at the University of Virginia! Hosted by UVA's Head Women's Golf Coach, Ria Scott, and Associate Head Coach, Marissa Majors, this one-day program recreates the practice regimens of a highly competitive collegiate golf team and aims to improve each campers game in a Division I golf environment.
ELITE PLAYER EXPERIENCE
The Elite Player Experience is specifically designed for the high school/tournament golfer who wishes to play college golf and improve their results. This program includes use of team-exclusive practice facilities, morning instruction, a simulated college team practice, lunch, and an 18 hole round of golf. This one-day program will run Saturday from 9:00am-6:00pm and is open to female golfers, grades 9-12.
All instruction and course play will take place at the Dean Family Golf Performance Center and the acclaimed Championship course at Birdwood Golf Course - recently ranked No. 3 Best New Golf Course by Golf Digest and No. 2 Best Public Course.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (only limited by age, gender, and number).
- Small group instruction with UVA's Ria Scott and Marissa Majors
- Simulated college team practice
- 18 holes on The Championship Course at Birdwood Golf Course
- Camper amenity package and prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Head Women's Golf Coach, University of Virginia Ria Scott
Ria Scott completed her sixth season at the helm of UVA Women's Golf and serves as co-director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at UVA.View Ria's Bio ⟩
This past season, Scott’s team has been ranked as high as No. 4 nationally, and has steadily been one of the Top-10 programs in the country. Her teams have produced All-Americans, All-Conference Players, All-America Scholars, and are known for being well-rounded student-athletes. Scott has 15 years of collegiate coaching experience, including stops at the University of Oregon and the University of San Francisco.
In addition to her successful collegiate coaching career, Scott also coached the winning International Teams at the 2020 and 2019 Arnold Palmer Cup. Scott was on the Board of Directors for the Women’s Golf Coaches Association from 2012-2016 and was the Associate Vice President from 2014-2016.
She played her collegiate golf at the University of California, Berkeley. She followed her collegiate years with an international playing career, highlighted by an appearance at the 2006 Women’s World Cup of Golf in South Africa, and the 2004 US Women’s Open.
Associate Head Women's Golf Coach, University of Virginia Marissa Majors
Marissa Majors is the Associate Head Coach for the University of Virginia Women's Golf and serves as co-director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at UVA.View Marissa's Bio ⟩
Marissa Majors joined the UVA women’s golf program in July of 2019. In 2021 she was elevated to the position of associate head coach. A native of Allen, Texas, she served as a volunteer assistant coach at SMU for one season prior to coming to Virginia. Previously, she competed for three years on the LPGA’s Symetra Tour, playing in 49 of its tournaments.
Majors competed at Wake Forest from 2011 to 2015, playing in 40 tournaments for the Deacons.
As a senior, she was Wake Forest’s top finisher (16th) at the NCAA Championship and helped the Demon Deacons finish second at the NCAA South Bend Regional. She earned a spot on the all-region team and wrapped up the season with a 74.14 stroke average and three top-10 finishes.
In just her second professional tournament, Majors won at Stallion Mountain in Las Vegas on the 2016 Cactus Tour. In her inaugural professional tournament, she tied for first but lost a playoff for medalist honors. The Allen, Texas, native made her debut on the LPGA Tour at the 2016 Marathon Classic in Ohio. She shot a 4-under 68 in a qualifier to claim one of the final two spots in the event.
This program is designed for the competitive golfer who wishes to play college golf and improve their tournament results. It is open to all skill levels, but the curriculum is geared towards players who are playing competitively. These camps offer training and real competition scenarios that develop every part of your game. Campers work on short game, putting, approach shots, course management, and will test their new skills in competitions and an 18-hole tournament. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Date: 2024 Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: Rising 9th to 12th graders
- Gender: Female
- Camp Type: Full Day
- Full Day: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Check-In: Check-in will occur at 9:00am at the Dean Family Golf Performance Center.
- Check-out: Campers will depart at 6:00pm following their 18 hole round on the Championship Course at Birdwood Golf Course.
- Meals: Lunch is included in the price of camp.
- Program: The Elite Player Experience is specifically designed for the competitive golfer who wishes to play college golf and improve their game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play
- Meals: Lunch is included in the price of camp
- Supervision: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:4 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees
- Facilities: Birdwood Golf Course & Dean Family Golf Performance Center
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps, University of Virginia and the golf facilities being used are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide ground transportation from airports, train stations or bus stations. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for getting campers to and from camp check-in/out. If you have a child flying to camp, please visit the Charlottesville-Albermarle Airport website for information on ground service to and from Charlottesville.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).Show Less See More Camp Details
Birdwood Golf Course at Boar's Head Resort
410 Golf Course Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Dean Family Golf Performance Center
755 Boar’s Head Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Check-in at the Dean Family Golf Performance Center
- 9:15am Tour, meetings, and simulated college team practice
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm Warm up on practice facility and tee off at the Championship Course
- 6:00pm Check-out for all campers
Birdwood Golf Course at Boar's Head Resort
There is a new era of golf at Boar’s Head Resort. Partnering with legendary PGA Professional Davis Love III and Love Golf Design, the resort has a reimagined golf experience that includes 18 new championship golf holes along with a new six-hole par-3 course and an expansive putting course that spans nearly an acre in size.
Dean Family Golf Performance Center
Home to Virginia Golf since 1984, Birdwood Golf Course at the University of Virginia has added a training and development center to create a true home for the UVA Men’s and Women’s Golf programs. This facility honors the history of UVA Golf and supports the programs’ efforts to win championships and strive for Uncompromised Excellence. This facility allows our coaches to fully develop our men’s and women’s golf student-athletes year-round.
May 28, 2023: Being able to have a fun experience with friends and getting to communicate with all the coaches.
LOVED the coaches!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.