Nike Junior Golf Camp, Dallas Baptist University
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Dallas Baptist University is set to offer junior golf camps in Dallas, Texas for another summer of instruction and fun. Get better this summer under the direction of college coaches and players, led by Dallas Baptist University's Men's and Women's Head Coach, Kenny Trapp. Junior golfers, ages 10-18, are welcome to join for an unforgettable camp experience!
Structured for players of all ability levels, camp participants enjoy this four day experience working to improve all facets of their golf game. Each day of camp consists of work in three primary areas: driving/full swing, short-game (chipping, pitching and bunker play) and putting. The overnight camp includes all golf instruction, course play, meals, housing, and evening activities. Campers are housed in the dorm on campus and eat meals in the dining halls each day.
- Small group instruction from Division I coaches and varsity players
- Daily course play at The Golf Club of Dallas
- Fun competitions, skills challenges, scrambles and more
- Overnight accommodations on campus at Dallas Baptist University
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- Safe, fun and healthy learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Head Golf Coach, Dallas Baptist University Kenny Trapp
Kenny Trapp enters his 17th year as Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach at Dallas Baptist University.View Kenny's Bio ⟩
A two-time National Coach of the Year in 2020 and 2021 by the Women’s Golf Coaches Association, Trapp led the led the Lady Patriots to the school’s first-ever NCAA national title in 2021. Trapp has also guided DBU to six trips to the NCAA National Championships, including a stretch of five consecutive seasons from 2016-2021. Along with National Coach of the Year honors, Trapp is also an eight-time recipient of the WGCA West Region Coach of the Year award.
In 16 seasons at the helm, Trapp has guided the women’s team to 60 wins over the course of his career, including 40 tournament titles since the start of the 2016 fall season. His women's team has also compiled the nation's top scoring average for each of the past four seasons dating back to the start of the 2017 season and have been ranked in the top 5 each of the last seven years. DBU’s Women’s team has also been ranked in the top three nationally each of past five years, reaching as high as No. 1 in the country every year since 2016.
On the men’s side, Trapp led the men’s team to their first-ever trip to the NCAA National Championships in 2016. He’s also guided eight DBU teams to the NCAA Super Regionals (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2021) and six individuals to NCAA postseason championship competition.
During his coaching tenure, Trapp has coached 25 All-Americans, including a nation-high nine over the past two seasons. Over the course of his 16-year career, Trapp has coached six women’s golfers who were named the Player of the Year in the conference and 11 players on the men’s and women’s teams who earned Freshman of the Year honors in the league. In 2021, Olivia Mitchell was named the WGCA Freshman of the Year under Trapp’s guidance. Additionally, Trapp has coached 70 All-Conference selections during his career.
Head Men's Golf Coach, University of Rochester Dan Wesley
Dan Wesley is the head men's golf coach at University of Rochester. Dan has also directed Nike Junior Golf Camps in Rochester, NY in previous years and serves as co-camp coordinator for the Nike College Showcase Camps.View Dan's Bio ⟩
Head Coach Dan Wesley returned to his alma mater in 2007 to take over the Yellowjacket golf program.
Having completed his 12th season as head coach in 2018-19, Wesley has guided the ‘Jackets to 17 tournament victories, 26 runner-ups, and 65 top three finishes in 115 events.
Last season, Rochester won the Liberty League Fall Preview and finished in second place at the Liberty League Championship and UR Fred Kravetz Invitational. Jack Mulligan was selected as the Liberty League Player of the Year, with he and teammate Aleksander Overli garnering All-Region accolades.
In 2016-17, UR claimed the Liberty League Championship for only the third time in school history, as the Yellowjackets tallied 1,233 strokes over the 72-hole conference event spanning tournaments in the fall and spring seasons. At NCAA's UR placed 26th of 42 squads, missing the cut after scoring 637 through two rounds.
Wesley was voted as the Liberty League Coach of the Year in 2016-17, leading four players to All-Liberty League honors, including Mulligan who was named Rookie of the Year.
In 2013-14, Rochester claimed the Liberty League Championship in a match play format which earned them an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship in Greensboro, NC where they set a program scoring record in NCAA competition and finished 12th in the nation. Wesley was again conference Coach of the Year.
Individual honors earned under Wesley’s guidance include All-American honors for Stephen Goodridge in 2008, Nick Palladino (2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014) who also won the Phil Mickelson award for NCAA national Freshman of the Year, and Jason Paek in 2018. Palladino finished his career as the only 4-time All-American in program history.
Wesley's golfers have claimed a total of 67 All-Conference accolades, including 29 1st Team honorees spanning the UAA and Liberty League. Nine have been selected either UAA or Liberty League Player of the Year.
Golf instruction takes place at Patriot Golf Practice Facility, home of the Dallas Baptist Patriots Golf teams. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced level golfer, our world-class instruction and coaching provides junior golfers with the necessary skills to compete and win. These camps offer training and real competition scenarios that develop every part of your game. During the week, campers work on short game, putting, approach shots, course management, and will test their new skills in weekly competitions and 18-hole tournaments. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. During inclement weather, campers will use the state-of-the-art practice facility at Illinois. This facility includes covered range stalls, indoor putting and chipping greens, video swing analysis and much more.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 11-14
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, housing and meals.
- Overnight: Sunday - Wednesday
- Check-In: Check-In: Registration for all campers occurs on Sunday between 2:00-3:00pm at Spence Hall at Dallas Baptist University. Please come dressed and ready to play as afternoon golf session begins immediately following check-in.
- Check-out: The closing ceremony occurs from 12:00-12:30pm on Wednesday at Spence Hall at Dallas Baptist University and check-out is to follow.
- Meals: Campers will receive all meals during camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play.
- Meals: Campers will receive all meals during camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Supervision: Campers are under staff supervision at all times as staff members live in adjacent rooms to overnight campers. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facilities: The Golf Club of Dallas
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: Spence Hall
- Campers Per Room: Campers will be housed in double rooms.
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Please bring blankets, sheets, towels and a pillow. Bed size is Twin XL.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: Please bring a check for $150 for room key deposit, made payable to “US Sports”. Check will be returned after the key card is turned in on the last day of camp.
- Parking: Parking will be available outside of the Crowley Complex for Check in. All dorms use one parking lot located at the top of the hill. There is no fee to use this lot during drop-off and pick-up.
- Spending Money: We recommend that each overnight camper bring $60-75 per week of spending money to cover incidentals like snacks, souvenirs and other activities. Please bring cash in a marked envelope for your child.
*Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps, Dallas Baptist University and the golf facilities being used are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- 5-6 collared shirts (recommended)
- 4-6 golf appropriate shorts/pants
- 6-8 pairs of socks
- Casual clothes
- Sweatshirt/warm up jacket and pants
- Raingear and/or umbrella
- Toilet/personal items
- Insect repellent
- Laundry bag
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Linens, blankets, towels, and pillow
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide ground transportation from airports, train stations or bus stations. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for getting campers to and from camp check-in/out. If you have a child flying to camp, please visit the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport or Dallas Love Field website for information on ground service to and from campus.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).Show Less See More Camp Details
Crowley Complex, Dallas, TX 75211
The Golf Club of Dallas
2200 W Red Bird Ln, Dallas, TX 75232
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up and breakfast in dining hall
- 8:30am Campers depart for golf course
- 9:00am Warm up, stretching, demonstrations by staff
- 9:15am Small group instruction focusing on putting, chipping, pitching and full-swing
- 12:00pm Lunch and relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play with focus on shot selection, course management, rules and etiquette (day campers depart following course play)
- 5:00pm Back to campus
- 6:00pm Dinner in dining hall
- 10:00pm Lights out in dorms
The Golf Club of Dallas
Press Maxwell came along in 1952 to mold this 171-acre tract highlighted by ancient oaks and Five Mile Creek into the Golf Club of Dallas, a course that hosted the PGA Tour’s Dallas Open from 1958-1962, then again from 1964-1967. Maxwell’s design features small greens and a few of the toughest holes in Dallas. Water hazards come into play on many holes, including the 176-yard no. 3. On the back nine, nos. 10 and 13 stand out because of their challenges. No. 10 doglegs left and requires a perfect tee shot to set up the approach into the tiny green. This approach is intimidating because of the creek on the left side of the fairway. The Golf Club of Dallas' 13th hole requires a 3 wood from the tips, playing 226 yards into a sloping green defended by bunkers.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
New to 2022!
We will be hosting camp at Dallas Baptist University for this first time in the summer of 2022.
— Nike Junior Golf Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.