Nike Junior Golf Camp, Connecticut
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
US Sports is thrilled to announce the return of our camp program to University of Connecticut. Join UConn Head Coach, Dave Pezzino, for an incredible junior golf experience at Mohegan Sun Golf Club.
The overnight camp includes all golf instruction, course play, meals, housing and evening activities. Players stay overnight in the dormitories on the beautiful UConn campus and travel to Mohegan Sun Golf Club for golf each day. Coach Pezzino is looking forward to a fun-filled week of instruction where campers can learn what it takes to bring their skills to the next level.
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student to teacher ratio
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing
- Daily course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- Overnight accommodations at UConn
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dave Pezzino
Dave Pezzino is the head coach of the men’s golf team at the University of Connecticut. He was named to the position on August 24, 2007.View Dave Pezzino's Bio ⟩
Pezzino spent seven years, from August of 1999 to May of 2006, at Florida International as the head coach of the women’s golf program. He led FIU to four tournament victories and ten individual titles during his tenure and coached ten All-Sun Belt Conference selections, including 2001 NGCA All-American Michelle Simpson. He had three student-athletes earn Academic All-American recognition and five former team members that are currently playing professionally.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 18. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals. Extended Day option available for commuters which includes golf activities, lunch, dinner and participation in evening activities.
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, Breakfast
- 8:00am Camp meeting at practice facility, skill demonstrations from staff focusing on key elements of the swing for that day
- 8:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Course play with staff focusing on strategy, shot selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, free time, seminars, guest speakers
- 8:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out
Mohegan Sun Golf Club
Nestled in scenic southeastern Connecticut, our 18-hole championship course challenges and accommodates all levels of play regardless of skill level or experience. The recently improved course offers one of the finest golf and resort experiences in the region. Mohegan Sun Golf Club is about having fun and is an integral part of the A WORLD AT PLAY experience.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
"I have been coming to Nike Golf Camps for years for the fun atmosphere and great instruction. This year was no different. Excellent experience!"
— Jessica W. Junior Overnight Camper
"Thanks for a great week with my friends! I learned a lot and can't wait to come back next summer!"
— Jack S. Overnight Camper
Learned So Much
"My daughter had so much fun during the camp and learned so much!"
— Abbie K. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.