Nike Junior Golf Camps, Go Golf Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is excited to offer its return in Branford, CT at Go Golf Academy. Camp Director, Josh Detmer, is excited to invite players of all ability levels to join in for a week of top-notch instruction with his staff of experienced teaching professionals.
MORNING HALF DAY CAMPS (5-DAY, 9:00AM - 1:00PM)
Our week-long Half Day programs are available for golfers ages 9 to 15 of all ability levels. Enjoy four hours of instruction Monday-Thursday at Fairways Golf Range, with course play on Friday at the beautiful Twin Lakes Golf Course under the supervision of our extraordinary staff. Camp will run from 9:00am-1:00pm all week. All aspects of the game are addressed; putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full swing. Lunch is not included in the price of this camp.
*Please note that Friday is hosted at Twin Lakes Golf Course, which is a separate location than the Fairways Golf Range.
EVENING CAMPS (3-DAY, 4:00PM - 7:00PM)
Our three-day Evening programs are available for golfers ages 9 to 15 of all ability levels. Enjoy three hours of instruction each afternoon at Fairways Golf Range. All aspects of the game are addressed; putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play, and full swing. Camp will run Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 4:00pm-7:00pm.
- Instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Supervised course play with the camp staff (when available)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Josh Detmer
Josh Detmer is a PGA Member and will serve as Nike Junior Golf Camp Director.View Josh's Bio ⟩
Owner and Director of Instruction for Connecticut's #1 Golf School GO GOLF ACADEMY. Josh has been an elite golf coach for the last 10 years. He teaches all skill levels from professionals to beginners as well as juniors as young as 3 years old.
He grew up in Madison, Connecticut where he played baseball, basketball, and golf at a young age. He went on to play four years of Division II collegiate golf at the University of Tampa where, in May 2012, he graduated with honors and received his Business Degree in Entrepreneurship. After graduating, Josh focused on his combined passions for golf, business and helping others by enrolling in and completing the PGA Professional Golf Management program. In April 2017, Josh became a Class A PGA Professional and was also named the 2017 Assistant Golf Professional of the Year for the Connecticut Section PGA. Josh founded Go Golf Academy in January 2018 with the vision of changing the way PGA professionals serve the industry and to exponentially grow the game of golf.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 9 - 15. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Half Day Camp: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Evening 3-Day Camps: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 9-15
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Morning Half Day and Evening 3-Day Camps Available
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Instruction and course play (Half Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Go Golf Academy, Fairways Golf Range and Pro Shop, Twin Lakes Golf Course
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Morning Half Day Camp
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 9:15am Rotate stations working on full swing, short game, putting at Fairways Golf Range. Friday, campers will play at Twin Lakes Golf Course
- 1:00pm Camp meeting and departure
Evening 3-Day Camp
- 4:00pm Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 4:15pm Rotate stations working on full swing, short game, putting
- 7:00pm Camp meeting and departure
Fairways Golf Range and Pro Shop
The best golf practice facility on the shoreline!
Twin Lakes Golf Course
Prepare yourself for an unparalleled golfing experience. Our course is a pleasure for golfers of any skill level to play. Twin Lakes Golf Course will challenge you while providing a relaxing, picturesque backdrop. Test your accuracy with our fairways, water hazards and sand traps; we have everything you need to challenge you and improve your game. All in all, our goal is to provide you with a quality experience that includes exceptional service and a comfortable atmosphere.
My son had a great time
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.