Nike Junior Golf Camps, Farmington Woods Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
US Sports Camps and Golf Channel Academy Coach, George Connor, have teamed up to offer junior golf camps this summer at Farmington Woods Golf Club, just outside of Hartford, CT.
These full day camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Under the watchful eye of the instructional staff, campers practice for three hours each morning working on all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and supervised afternoon course play. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
- Three hours of practice with the staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction working on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director George Connor
George Connor, PGA is the owner and director of instruction of ConnorGolf, located at Farmington Woods Golf Club in Avon, CT and has been teaching golf professionally for 25 years.View George's Bio ⟩
George is a two-time Connecticut PGA Section Teacher of the Year (2000, 2011), and has a PGA specialty certification in teaching and is also certified by New Rules Golf Coach, AimPoint Technologies (Level 2), SeeMore Putting Institute, Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) and K-Vest (Level 2).
He has a special interest in teaching putting, the short game and elite juniors, and is author of the book, Drill Your Way to Great Putting: Make Putting Practice Fun and Productive. While George teaches all aspects of the game, many of his students come to him specifically for his expertise in the mechanics and artistry of putting and the nuances of the short game.
His students include beginners, juniors, club champions and players on the PGA Latino-American Tour, PGA Tour Canada and the European Challenge Tour. A number of his junior athletes have gone on to compete collegiately at Division I, II and III and NAIA schools.
Our programs at Farmington Woods are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 9-17. The teaching staff, led by Camp Director, George Connor, PGA, is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game to the high school player trying to move up on the team. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50-9:00am Campers check-in at golf course
- 9:00-9:15am Overview of daily schedule, warm-up
- 9:15am-Noon Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00-12:30pm Lunch, rest
- 12:30-3:45pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 3:45-4:00pm Camp wrap-up, check-out
Farmington Woods Golf Club
"The Woods” is a private club set inside a gated community in Avon, Connecticut. The Desmond Muirhead designed golf course winds through the property and features dramatic elevation changes and challenging sloped greens. Practice facilities include a full driving range, practice bunker chipping and putting green.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.