Nike Junior Golf Camps, Mistwood Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Mistwood Golf Club, outside Joliet, IL, is proud to offer junior golf camps this summer. These camps are designed to provide junior golfers with top-notch instruction from experienced teaching professionals. Campers practice at The Mistwood Performance Center, a premier golf training facility in the Midwest and Golf Range Magazine Top-50 Public Facility.
Full Day Camps
These camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00 pm. Under the watchful eye of the staff, campers practice all aspects of their games for three hours each morning. Putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing are all addressed throughout the week. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and afternoon course play. Lunch is provided for full day campers each day. The full day camps are open to players of all abilities, ages 9-17.
Half Day Camps
Our half day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in beginner and intermediate golfers. The camps run Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 12:00pm and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game! The half day camps are open to players of all abilities, ages 6-13.
High School/Advanced Player Camp
This camp was designed for the high-school, tournament-level golfer looking for a competitive experience. This week runs Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00 pm. All aspects of the game are addressed and there is a strong emphasis on tournament preparation, course management, mental toughness and scoring improvement. Each day includes training, lunch and course play. This program is open to advanced players, ages 13-18.
- Instruction from dedicated golf professionals with low student/teacher ratio
- Three hours of practice with the Nike camp staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- On-course instruction with the staff (when available, full day/advanced camps only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director John Platt
John Platt is the director of instruction at Mistwood Golf Performance Center and camp director for NIKE Junior Golf Camps. He was honored as a 2018 GRAA Top 50 Growth of the Game Teacher and is the 2016 Illinois PGA Senior Match Play Champion.View John's Bio ⟩
John was the NCAA 1999 National Coach of the year for Division II/III, the 2011 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year and the 2012 Illinois Chapter PGA Junior Leader. He has had over 120 students who have played on college scholarships. He is also a Callaway Golf Hall of Fame Member.
Coach Dan Phillips
Dan Phillips is a teaching professional and player development coach at Mistwood Performance Center.View Dan's Bio ⟩
- PGA Professional with over 25 years of teaching experience
- Has worked with champions of all levels: Junior, High School, College and Professional
- Host and lead instructor of the nationally televised golf program "Tee It Up"
Coach Nicole Jeray
Nicole Jeray is an LPGA teaching professional and US Kids Golf Certified Coach at Mistwood Performance Center.View Nicole's Bio ⟩
- LPGA Tour Professional 1994-1996, 1999, 2001-2017
- LAGT Order of Merit Winner 2002
- TPI certified, Level 1
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 18 (varies by program type). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff when available. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Mistwood Golf Club and Performance Center
Designed and renovated by course designer Ray Hearn, Mistwood Golf Club features 20 St. Andrews-style sod-wall bunkers, truly bringing a feeling of Scotland to the Midwest. Additionally, Mistwood has five tee placements per hole, with the ability to now play over 7,000 yards.
Recently sweeping the national award season, Mistwood Golf Club was selected as Golf Magazine’s “Renovation of the Year,” one of Golf Digest’s “Best New Course,” and one of Golf Range Magazine’s “Top 50 Public Ranges”.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.