Nike Junior Golf Camps, Oak Creek Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Oak Creek Golf Club serves as the newest junior golf camp in Maryland in the summer of 2018! Join the staff of experienced instructors for an unforgettable camp experience led by Camp Directors, Evan Neale and Brent Taliaferro.
FULL DAY CAMPS
These camps are an excellent opportunity for junior golfers to improve their skills and their course management at the same time. Full Day campers enjoy three hours of instruction each morning to help prepare for the challenges of the course. After lunch, it’s off to the first tee for course play!
HALF DAY CAMPS
This program offers campers of all abilities the opportunity to work on and improve every part of their game. Half Day campers receive three hours of instruction each day on all different aspects of the game, including putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. These are great camps for anyone who wants to improve.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- All aspects of the game addressed throughout the week
- Course play focusing on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette (Full Day Camps only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brent Taliaferro
Brent serves as an assistant golf professional at Oak Creek Golf Club and co-director of the Nike Junior Golf Camps.View Brent's Bio ⟩
Brent got started playing the game about 15 years ago. Motivated by his family and Tiger’s captivating achievements made Brent want to not only play professional golf but also teach it. His passion to become a better instructor and athlete is shown in his determination to get the youth involved, playing well and enjoying the game. Currently in the PGA PGM program, Brent has been working at Oak Creek Golf Club for three years and was hired initially as a pro shop attendant, was nominated for employee of the quarter by Toll Brothers Golf Division in 2016 and was promoted to assistant golf professional in 2016 and is also on Staff with Nike Golf.
Camp Director Evan Neale
Evan serves as an assistant golf professional at Oak Creek Golf Club and co-director of the Nike Junior Golf Camps.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am Campers check-in at golf course
- 9:00-9:15am Warm-up, stretching, overview of daily schedule
- 9:15-11:45am Instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, short game and full swing
- 12:00pm Half Day campers check-out. Full Day campers break and have lunch
- 1:00-3:45pm On-course play with staff (Full Day only)
- 4:00pm Full Day campers check-out
Oak Creek Golf Club
Nestled in the shadows of our Nation’s Capital, this Ault Clark masterpiece is the jewel of the Oak Creek community. Nearing 7,000 yards from the championship tees, our 18-hole championship course is now open and was designed to beckon the experienced and novice golfer alike.