Nike Junior Golf Camps, Torrey Pines Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Famed Torrey Pines Golf Course in beautiful La Jolla, California provides the backdrop for an unforgettable junior golf camp experience. Join PGA Professional, Michael Major, and his staff, for daily instruction and course play on one of Torrey Pines' two legendary courses.
Full Day Camp
Nike Junior Golf Camps at Torrey Pines are designed for campers with some prior golfing experience. Skills development clinics kick-off the camp day, followed by a late lunch/early dinner at The Lodge at Torrey Pines.The remainder of each day is spent playing historic Torrey Pines, site of the memorable 2008 U.S. Open. Camps run Monday to Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to sunset and are open to boys and girls, ages 10 - 17.
San Diego City Residents
The fee for City of San Diego residents is $595. The fee for visitors (including greater San Diego County residents) is $695. Please choose the correct residency classification when selecting your camp dates. Residency is verified by zip code.
- 2.5 hours of daily clinics covering putting, pitching, chipping, bunker play and full swing
- Daily course play with staff, includes playing lessons and competitions
- Early dinner (included in camp fee) at The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Michael Major
Michael, a Class A member of the PGA since 1999, has been at Torrey Pines for over 25 years and the junior camp director there since 1998.View Michael Major's Bio ⟩
- Torrey Pines Golf Course/25 years 1989-Present
- Staff Instructor at Torrey Pines : 1995-Present
- Lead Staff Instructor at Torrey Pines: 2008-Present
- Torrey Pines Junior Camp Director: 1998-Present
- PGA of America Class “A” Member: 1999-Present
- PGA Apprentice Scholarship Award: 1999
- PGA Presidents Council: 2004
- Nike Staff Swoosh Athlete: 2008-Present
- Professional Golf Teachers Association Instructor: 2000-Present
Torrey Pines Nike Camps run Monday to Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to Sunset. Participants are provided comprehensive golf skills training in both clinic format and on the beautiful and historic golf courses at world renown Torrey Pines. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
Monday camp check-in is at 12:30 p.m., followed by introductions, policies, and procedures. Tuesday through Thursday camp check-in is at 1:00 p.m.
Each day attendees are split into smaller groups based on age and ability (friends paired together if possible). Groups rotate through stations during the clinic portion of the day's instruction: full swing, short game, and putting.
Customarily, campers play the North Course Monday through Wednesday, and the South Course on Thursday. One instructor for every two foursomes.
Campers are picked up at the putting greens next to the golf shop each night at approximately 8:00 p.m.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 12:30pm Campers check-in with staff
- 1:00pm Small group instruction at practice facility covering all facets of the game
- 3:30pm Early dinner at the Lodge at Torrey Pines
- 4:30pm Golf with staff until dark
- Sunset Camper pick-up
Torrey Pines Golf Course
Torrey Pines has long been recognized as one of the nation's premier municipal golf facilities. Often referred to as a "golfer's paradise", the Championship North and South courses provide stunning cliff-top views of the Pacific Ocean to the west. Torrey Pines is an annual stop on the PGA tour and played host to the memorable 2008 U.S. Open.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Really liked this camp!
"I really enjoyed how much golf we played and I felt like I got enough practice."
— Tyler S. Camper0
Looking forward to next year!
"My daughter had a wonderful experience at the Camp. We ended up with 3 camps back-to back. Coach Jordan and Michael Major were awesome."
— Jim B. Parent0
"The coaches were nice, friendly and watched every single student giving individual attention."
— Lewis C. Camper0
Coach Major was fantastic with the kids. A very memorable experience. Thank you!
— Bijan Parent
Camps are Fantastic
"Coach Mike helped me out a lot the last two years at camp. The course is awesome and the camps are fantastic - thank you so much!"
"It's a real treat for kids to be able to practice and play at Torrey. What a beautiful course and great coaches!"