Cal Lacrosse Preseason Playday
2024 DATES AND PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Join us this February for the inaugural Cal Lacrosse Preseason Playday! The Cal coaching staff is excited to offer this Clinic and 4v4 Tournament for players of all skill levels looking to take their game to the next level! Camp will be held on the beautiful UC Berkeley campus, located on the eastern side of the San Francisco Bay with the central campus resting on 178 acres in Berkeley, California.
All Cal Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you choose a camp that fits your level of development. All events are subject to change based on NCAA and Covid-19 restrictions. Due to high demand and limited capacity, prices are subject to increase as camp exceeds 25%/50%/75% capacity.
- Instruction by Cal Women's Lacrosse coaching staff and current players
- Ages 11-18
- 4-on-4 Tournament synchronized to music, with each game matching the duration of a song!
- Skills Stations for technique improvement!
- T-Shirts for every participating camper
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jennifer Wong
Jennifer Wong is in her first season as the Cal lacrosse head coach in 2022 after being named to the position on Aug. 30, 2022. Wong takes the reins at Cal after a long and successful coaching tenure on the staff at Temple, where she most recently served for seven seasons as the Owls' associate head coach from 2016-22. Wong spent 14 campaigns overall at Temple during two stints from 2008-09 and 2011-22.View Jennifer Wong's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Caroline Corzel
Caroline Corzel is in her third season as an assistant coach at Cal in 2023. Corzel, who broke into coaching as an assistant at Quinnipiac for one campaign in 2020, was a lacrosse student-athlete at Cal from 2016-19.View Caroline Corzel's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Bridget Ballard
Bridget Ballard is in her first season as an assistant coach with the Cal lacrosse program and her first campaign as a collegiate coach in 2023. Ballard previously worked as a club coach for Building Blocks Lacrosse and also served as an assistant coach for one season at Chatham High School, where she helped lead her alma mater to the 2017 New Jersey state finals after being a two-time US Lacrosse All-American as a prep.View Bridget Ballard's Bio ⟩
At the Cal Lacrosse Preseason Playday, our goal has always been to engage and inspire each player at camp and to instill positive character traits such as confidence, self-motivation, and a passion for the sport.
- Dates: February 4th, 2024
- Age Group: 11-18 (6th-12th graders)
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Preseason Clinic/Playday
- Schedule: 11:00am-2:30pm, Sunday
- Check-In: 10:45-11:00am at Cal Memorial Stadium; field session starts at 11:00am
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Program: The Preseason Playday will feature a morning clinic with various skills stations and a 4v4 Tournament (3v3 + one goalie per team), providing players with the opportunity to enhance their skills and compete in a lively and enjoyable setting at Cal Memorial Stadium! Please note:
- To register as a team (minimum 3 field players + goalie, maximum 8 players): each player must register individually. Please input your team name during registration. Each team must come with a goalie.
- To register without a team: under the "team name" section, please put individual. You will be placed on a "house team."
2227 Piedmont Ave
Berkeley, CA 94720
Click Here for Directions
Sunday, February 4th, 2024
- Check-in: 10:45-11:00am at Cal Memorial Stadium.; field session starts at 11:00am
- Check out: 2:30pm after closing ceremony.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning training session and 4v4 tournament
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Cal Camp t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your cleats, protective goggles & mouthpiece and lacrosse stick(s)
- Facility: Cal Memorial Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Healthy Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP LODGING - NO HOUSING PROVIDED
RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT BERKELEY
2121 Center St
Berkeley, CA 94704
THE CLAREMONT HOTEL
41 Tunnel Rd
Berkeley, CA 94705
2600 Durant Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
Hotel Main: 510-845-8981
DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON HOTEL BERKELEY MARINA
200 Marina Boulevard
Berkeley, CA 94710
Hotel Main: 510-548-7920
Sample Daily Schedule
- 11:00am Warm-Up
- 11:20am Skills Stations
- 12:30pm 4v4 Tournament
- 2:15pm Closing Ceremony & Prizes
Cal Memorial Stadium
Campers will train at Cal Memorial Stadium
July 8, 2022: My daughter loved that it was fast paced and fun. She also loved the goalie instructions, especially being goalie for the littles. She also loved that the camp staffs are Div 1 players and was able to learn from them on a college level.
June 13, 2022: Being able to interact with the coaches and current Cal players about the recruitment process.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.