Bill Pilat’s The Goalie School in Colorado For Boys
Early bird discount: 2017 prices
honored through February 1st!
The Biggest Goalie Camp comes to Colorado! All lacrosse goalies will receive top coaching from Bill Pilat and his carefully selected staff. The Colorado session of The Goalie School is held on the beautiful campus of the Colorado School of Mines, in Golden, just 13 miles west of Denver.
Finally, the Biggest and Best Goalie Camp in the country comes to Colorado! Once again, Coach Pilat has put together the most innovative curriculum for goalies wishing to improve their skills. Individual analysis, extensive videotaping of each goalie and new methods of teaching techniques and footwork are all elements of the Goalie School. Campers from Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas can now attend one of the best lacrosse camps in the country.
- Great instructional staff to work with all goalies
- 4 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio; the best ratio in lacrosse camps
- Programs with a strength and agility coach
- Fun and exciting goalie games
- Coaches talks and demonstrations
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director David Page
Directing camp this summer is David Page.View David Page's Bio ⟩
Coach Page is in his fifth season as an assistant men's lacrosse coach at Ursinus.
He was a three-year starting goalie for Kenyon and team captain his senior season. Over his career he had a 60.1 save percentage and allowed 7.6 goals per game. He was in the NCAA tournament two times, and finished second all-time in Kenyon history in goals against average.
In 2009, Page was awarded first team all-league. He also earned second team all-league honors in 2008.
He was also named player of the week by NCAC, and was a three-time James A. Buffalin Award winner as Defensive MVP at Kenyon.
This summer, The Goalie School is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM) option available at the Colorado School of Mines. Come see why this goalie camp is filled before any other goalie camp in the country.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: WED 2PM-8PM, THURS-FRI 9AM-8PM, SAT 9AM-12PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in takes between 12:00-2:00pm on Wednesday, August 1st.
- CHECK-OUT: Check-out takes place between 12:00-1:00pm on Saturday, August 4th.
Housing & Roommates
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Linens: Not provided; Bed size Twin XL
Air Conditioning: No **Please note to bring a Portable Fan (dorm is NOT air conditioned)
Suggested spending money: $60
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive between 1:00-2:00pm for check in. On all other days, the arrival time is 8:45am at the Dorm for attendance. Departure on other days is 9:00pm and campers can be picked up at the field.
- Wednesday: Commuter Campers stay until 8:00pm. Dinner is provided.
- Thursday-Friday: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00am-8:00pm. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Saturday: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00-12:00am. Check-out is immediately after camp concludes with the closing ceremony.
- Daily Schedule: WED 2PM-8PM, THURS-FRI 9AM-8PM, SAT 9AM-12PM
COACH PILAT'S INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
Coach Pilat has produced two videos for goalies. Purchase Advanced Techniques (2015) or Basic Techniques (2001), or buy both!
Basic Techniques - The Ball Stops Here I: Was produced in 2001 and is still a valuable resource to learn the basics of goaltending as well as a few new tricks. Content Includes - Basic Proper Goalie Warmup, Basics of Stance, Stopping Screened Shots, Stick Skills and Basic Clearing, Stopping One-On-One Shots, Basic Proper Technique for stopping all shots, Unique drills, Goalie Arc Play, Pipe Play, Field Communication. Price: $30
Advanced Techniques - The Ball Stops Here II: Advanced Techniques is designed for goalies and coaches who are ready to move to the next level. Content Includes - TGS Method (Advanced Goalie Routine), Advanced Warmup, Advanced Drills, Mental Strategies, Scouting Opponents (watching film), Advanced Clearing Concepts, Weight Training for Goalies, Stick Repair and Stringing. Price $30
The Ball Stops Here Combo Package: Players of all ages can learn from over 90 minutes (combined) of concentrated instruction on both videos and Coach Pilat recommends both videos to any goalie. Order yours today! Price $55
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an TGS Nike t-shirt or hat in the camp registration process through May 1, 2018. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- TGS Nike T-Shirt - Price $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- TGS Embroidered Nike Baseball Cap - Price $25
- TGS Embroidered Bucket Hat - Price $25
Note: DVD's and apparel will be HANDED out at camp check in.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Wake Up (overnight campers)
- 8:00 AM Breakfast in Dining Hall (overnight campers)
- 9:00 AM Goalies filmed in cage, Coaches Talk, Station work
- Noon Lunch in Dining Hall
- 1:30 PM Remaining Goalies filmed in cage, Rapid Fire, Agility work
- 2:30 PM Clearing stations, Small group Coaches Talk
- 3:30 PM Rest time, Pool Opened, Camp Store Opened
- 5:00 PM Dinner in Dining Hall
- 6:30 PM Goalie 10 on 10 Games!
- 8:30 PM Back to dorms, Day campers depart
- 9:00 PM Rest time, Camp store opened, pizza orders
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Colorado School of Mines
Colorado School of Mines is located in the heart of Golden, located at the mouth of Clear Creek Canyon, just 13 miles west of Denver. A gem tucked away in Colorado’s foothills, the picturesque City of Golden is a unique place with a rich history and opportunities to explore all Colorado has to offer.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
June 12, 2017: This camp had excelent one on one training, which can be hard in camp settings like this. I saw tremendous improvement in my son's goalie skills in such a short amount of time, very impressed!
— Mark S. Parent
Extremely encouraging coaches!
June 11, 2017: Camp was great, and I learned a lot. The coaches provided good hands-on instruction and we're extremely encouraging.
— Craig B. Camper
June 11, 2017: Instruction from Bill Pilat was awesome! My only wish was that we did a few more drills instead of game play.
— Chris H. Camper
June 11, 2017: I had a great time at camp, everyone was fun and nice. I loved the fact that Bill is there. It's not just his name on the camp, but he is actually there and running the camp.
— Johnny V. Camper