Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at the Green Vale School
Directed by MLL All-Star Coach Steven DeNapoli
and Port Washington Boy’s Lacrosse Coach Isaac Neal
Come join Port Washington Boy’s Lacrosse Coach, Isaac Neal, along with Team USA member and MLL All-Star Coach Steven DeNapoli, this summer at the Nike Complete Skills Lacrosse Camp. Located at the Green Vale School in Glen Head, NY.
This is a complete skills day camp designed for youth lacrosse players ages 7-14, from Nassau County and beyond. In addition to stick skills, position work, and scrimmaging, this camp includes a specialized speed and agility program. The feature that separates this camp from the rest is our daily Pro-session where campers are exposed to the highest level of play.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 7-14
- Daily NCAA & MLL lacrosse Coaches for specialized instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Isaac Neal
Directing camp this summer is Isaac Neal.View Isaac Neal's Bio ⟩
Coach Neal grew up in Aurora, Colorado, playing high school football, basketball, track and lacrosse before heading to Long Island to play for Hofstra University, earning one CAA titles, three NCAA tournament bids, and the Unsung Hero Award before graduating in 2010. Since, Coach Neal has been on the varsity staff at Port Washington High School, and has trained and coached all over Long Island for different club and town programs.
Co-Director Steven DeNapoli
Directing camp this summer is Steven DeNapoli.View Steven DeNapoli's Bio ⟩
Coach DeNapoli grew up in Helwett, playing high school football,winter track and lacrosse before heading to college play for Hofstra University, where he was a four year starter on lacrosse team and Named to CAA All-Rookie Team freshman year, 2009 All CAA Second Team, 2009 and 2010 Team Captain. Coach DeNapoli lead the team with 49 ground balls during his senior year and tied for second with 13 caused turnovers before graduating in 2011. Since, Coach DeNapoli has played in 60 MLL games for the Lizards, Rattlers and Bayhawks. Last season, he recorded 6 goals, 7 assists, and 38 groundballs during the regular season and was a member of the 2015 New York Lizards Championship Team.
This camp is about more than just lacrosse, it’s about helping athletes to develop their lacrosse IQ while having fun. Strengthening their lacrosse IQ will enable them to meet all of the game’s challenges with a sense of confidence. As Steven DeNapoli’s favorite quote says, “Know the game, so you can grow your game.” This philosophy applies to the all aspects of lacrosse, from playing, to watching to coaching.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 days of instruction and competition
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. What to bring:
- Health & Release Forms (Hand in at check-in)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Water Bottle
** Snack can be brought by campers, and will be provided.
Check-in takes place at the Green Vale School baseball field next to the bus circle at 8:30am Monday, July 30th. Health/Release Froms must be completed and brought you to camp. Campers cannot be admitted without this form.
Camp ends at 12:00pm each day.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 8:30-9:00am: Check In
- 9:00am: Full camp stretch and strengthen - Shoulder, wrist and back exercises to increase fundamental passing, shooting, ground ball and defensive checking abilities
- 9:15-9:45am: Fundamental stick work, ball movement, shooting; instructed to increase lacrosse IQ for game situations
- 9:45-10:30am: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies
- 10:30-11:15am: Scripted and Structured game situations, made to simulate specific aspects of live-game play, created for experience and immediate feedback from coaches
- 11:15-11:30am: Game
- 11:30am-12pm: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies- created to lead into the next day’s lacrosse IQ concepts that will be covered.
- 12:00pm: Check out/ Pick Up
The Green Vale School
The Green Vale School, founded in 1923, is located in Old Brookville, NY on a beautiful forty-acre campus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Couldn't be happier!
August 10, 2017: Our first year at Nike lax camp and we couldn't be happier!! Coaches were fantastic.
— Brent R. Parent
August 11, 2016: Coach Isaac Neal is fantastic! My 7th grade son really likes the workout he gets from him. Not only does he get great workout, but more importantly he gets a tremendous amount of quality coaching and lax IQ from Coach Neal. I would definitely recommend attending one of his camps as I am sure Coach Neal will bring the same level of dedication, knowledge and spirit he has consistently displayed to my son and the others I have seen him work with.
— Adam D.Camper
August 10, 2016: My son has participated in a number of group clinics and camps with Coach Neal over the last few years. He has had always had a fun experience and we have seen tremendous improvement in his game and overall lacrosse knowledge. In particular Coach Neal has been instrumental in helping my son successfully transition to long pole over the last two years.
— Frank A.Camper