Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at The Green Vale School
TRAIN HARD. DREAM BIG.
AT NIKE LACROSSE CAMP
Come join Hofstra Women’s Assistant Coach Torin Varn, along with Anthony Giovanelli at our Nike Complete Skills Lacrosse Camp. Located at the Green Vale School in Glen Head, NY.
This is a complete skills day camp designed for youth lacrosse players ages 7-14, from Nassau County and beyond. In addition to stick skills, position work, and scrimmaging, this camp includes a specialized speed and agility program. The feature that separates this camp from the rest is our daily Pro-session where campers are exposed to the highest level of play.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 7-14
- Daily NCAA & MLL lacrosse Coaches for specialized instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Torin Varn
Directing camp this summer at the The Green Vale School is Torin Varn.View Torin Varn's Bio ⟩
Torin Varn is in his second season as an assistant coach with the Hofstra Women's Lacrosse program.Varn serves as the program’s offensive coordinator. In his first season on the staff he helped lead the team to eight wins, a five-win improvement from the previous season.
Varn, a 2014 graduate of Hofstra with a degree in history, was a four-year member of the Pride Men’s Lacrosse team and earned All-Colonial Athletic Association honors in his senior campaign.
Varn joined the Hofstra program after serving as a volunteer assistant men’s lacrosse coach at Mount St. Mary’s (MD) for the past season. He served as the offensive coordinator for the team and helped four players to all-conference accolades and two players earn spots in the North-South All-Star Game. Varn also assisted in recruiting and handling equipment.
Prior to his position at Mount St. Mary’s, Varn was a graduate assistant coach with the Stevenson men’s lacrosse program from 2014 to 2016. He handled a multitude of tasks with the Mustangs, including recruiting, practice planning, development and academic support.
Varn, a native of Ithaca, New York, also earned his first all-conference honor in 2014 by being named to the All-CAA second team. He started all 16 games on attack as a senior. Varn recorded career-highs of 32 goals, five assists and 37 points and led the team in goals and was second in points. He finished out his career with back-to-back 30-goal seasons. For his career he had 73 goals, nine assists and 82 points.
Varn has also worked various lacrosse camps as part of the Hopkins Hofstra Elite Lax Camp and has extensive volunteer experience with the HEADstrong Foundation, Tunnel to Towers Run and Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts.
At the Nike Lacrosse Camp, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of personalized, focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Both physical and IQ growth are out goals. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 days of instruction
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. What to bring:
- Health & Release Forms (Hand in at check-in)
- Protective Goggles and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Helmet and Pads (Goalies)
- Water Bottle
**Snack can be brought by campers, and will be provided.
Session I (July 29-August 1)
CHECK-IN Check-in takes place at the Green Vale School baseball field next to the bus circle at 8:30am Monday, July 29th. Health/Release Forms must be completed and brought you to camp. Campers cannot be admitted without this form.
Camp ends at 12:00pm each day.
Session II (August 5-8)
CHECK-IN Check-in takes place at the Green Vale School baseball field next to the bus circle at 8:30am Monday, August 5th. Health/Release Forms must be completed and brought you to camp. Campers cannot be admitted without this form.
Camp ends at 12:00pm each day.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30-9:00am: Check In
- 9:00am: Full camp stretch and strengthen - Shoulder, wrist and back exercises to increase fundamental passing, shooting, ground ball and defensive checking abilities
- 9:15-9:45am: Fundamental stick work, ball movement, shooting; instructed to increase lacrosse IQ for game situations
- 9:45-10:30am: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies
- 10:30-11:15am: Scripted and Structured game situations, made to simulate specific aspects of live-game play, created for experience and immediate feedback from coaches
- 11:15-11:30am: Game
- 11:30am-12pm: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies- created to lead into the next day’s lacrosse IQ concepts that will be covered.
- 12:00pm: Check out/ Pick Up
The Green Vale School
The Green Vale School, founded in 1923, is located in Old Brookville, NY on a beautiful forty-acre campus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 3, 2018: Great feedback from Coach Anthony about pursuing league play. He has a great way with the girls. Instructed them on how to perform a skill and how NOT to perform a skill to save time and energy to to learn correctly the first time.
— Caitlyn C. Parent
Excited to show what she learned!
August 10, 2017: My daughter came home happy everyday and was excited to show us what she had learned and practiced.
August 10, 2017: My daughter improved her skills and had a blast! Staff made strong connections with campers in such a short time... especially Coach Ray and Coach Carter. Thank you!