Husson University Boys Lacrosse Camp
2024 Dates & Prices Now Available!
Come join Camp Director, Mike O'Neill, and his staff at the inaugural Husson University Boys Lacrosse Camp this summer 2024 and take your game to the next level! With a proven track record, Coach O'Neill brings a wealth of expertise, guiding the Eagles to a North Atlantic Conference East Division Title in his very first season!
Our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, we want to create a unique training and learning experience that will help your enthusiasm and self-confidence grow along with your skills.
- High School and Youth Skills Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 10:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh practice jersey
- Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike O'Neill
Mike O'Neill has served as the head coach of the Husson men's lacrosse program since January 2021 and led the Eagles to a North Atlantic Conference East Division Title in his first season at the helm.View Mike O'Neill's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer Husson University is offering one session of overnight with an extended day camp (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) option.
2024 OVERVIEW OVERNIGHT CAMP
- Dates: July 21-25
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place on Sunday between 2:30-3:30pm at TBA. There will be a camp orientation meeting at 3:30pm and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting.
- Check-out: Check-out takes place from 12:00pm-1:00pm at TBA after a brief closing ceremony.
- Extended Day Schedule: SUN 2PM-9PM MON-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-12PM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Advanced Skills/Complete Skills Camp is designed for high school/youth players (ages 9-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
1 College Cir
Bangor, ME 04401
Click Here For Directions
- Dorm: Dorms TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 campers per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed – Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Sunday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Monday - Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
The John P. Boucher Field, home to our men's & women's soccer and lacrosse programs, was built in 2001 through a generous donation by Husson alumnus John Boucher '66.
In 2007, the field underwent a facelift. Once again, with Mr. Boucher's generous support, the field lost its natural grass and was converted to FieldTurf. The $650,000 renovation made the John P. Boucher Soccer Field one of the finest collegiate fields in New England.
With the help from yet another donation in the fall of 2011, Boucher Field went through another fantastic upgrade with the addition of the gorgeous press box and lights. Night contests at Boucher are truly spectacular with the campus backdrop set against this beautiful facility.
In the summer of 2020, Boucher Field was once again refitted with a new FieldTurf artificial surface to the tune of $800,000.
Granite and iron fences and bench enclosures surround the field, giving the complex that "old world" feel which makes it a very special place to play.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.