Xcelerate Nike PRE-SEASON Boys Shooting & Dodging Clinic in Pittsburgh
JOIN US THIS PRE-SEASON FOR OUR SHOOTING
& DODGING CLINIC IN PITTSBURGH!
XCELERATE your game this pre-season by immersing yourself in a day of skill development and camaraderie in a small group setting!
WHY CHOOSE OUR CLINIC?
Experience 2 hours of intensive, hands-on training designed for intermediate to advanced lacrosse players.
Our coaches will provide you with specific drills and techniques to improve your game, with an emphasis on enhancing your shooting accuracy, speed, dodging techniques, and offensive game “IQ”.
Engage in high-repetition small-group sessions tailored to your skill level, ensuring personalized attention and valuable feedback.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Boys: Grades 5-8
Camp Director Cody Golon
Directing camp is the head coach of the Washington & Jefferson men's lacrosse program, Cody Golon.View Cody Golon's Bio ⟩
Cody Golon was named as head coach of the W&J men's lacrosse program on June 28, 2021.
Golon recently spent the past year as the head coach at fellow NCAA Division III member La Roche University. He led the Redhawks to a 2-2 record during an abbreviated 2021 campaign. The Redhawks earned victories over Hiram (10-3) and Wells (11-2).
Before his time at La Roche, Golon was an assistant coach at his alma mater, Seton Hill University, specializing as Offensive Coordinator. Seton Hill finished the 2019 season with a 12-5 record, won the GMAC regular season championship and earned a bid the NCAA Division II Playoffs. In 2020, the Griffins were off to a perfect 6-0 start before the COVID-19 pandemic halted their season.
Prior to his return to Seton Hill, Golon served as the Offensive Coordinator at Peters Township High School for two seasons. At Peters, he helped lead the team to unprecedented success. The Indians posted a 33-11 record, two section and WPIAL championships and two PIAA state playoff berths. The two WPIAL titles were the first ever in school history. Golon also coached three All-Americans, a WPIAL Player of the Year, and multiple All-Section winners.
Golon competed collegiately as a student-athlete with the Griffins. During that time, Seton Hill qualified for the postseason three times. Seton Hill made the NCAA Tournament in 2013 before back-to-back appearances in the ECAC Tournament in 2014-15.
Golon earned his Bachelor’s degree in Communication from Seton Hill University in 2015 and his MBA in 2020.
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
- Dates: January 21, 2024
- Age Group: 10-14
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Clinic
- Schedule: 9:00am-11:00am, Saturday
- Check-In: 8:45am at the James David Ross Family Recreation Center
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a filled water bottle.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Washington & Jefferson College
James David Ross Family Recreation Center
Washington, PA 15301
Click Here for Directions *Located on the corner of Locust Ave and E Chestnut St
Saturday, January 21st
- Check in: 8:45am at the James David Ross Family Recreation Center
- Check out: 11:00am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Top-Level Instruction: Learn from high level coaches and players.
- Supervised Environment: Campers are under full supervision throughout the event.
- Exclusive Reversible Jersey: Receive an Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, tennis shoes, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: James David Ross Family Recreation Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. Xcelerate Lacrosse and US Sports Camps are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Tennis Shoes (indoor multi-purpose surface)
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves & Pads
- Water Bottle
Personalized Feedback: Enjoy a low 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio for individualized attention.
Xcelerate Environment: Engage in skill instruction that will be challenging but also incredibly FUN!
READY TO XCELERATE YOUR GAME?
Don’t miss this chance to boost your shooting & dodging skills and have a blast with fellow players! Register now to secure your spot…space is limited!
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
• Date: January 21, 2024
• Location: Washington & Jefferson College
• Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Washington & Jefferson College
Nestled in a residential neighborhood in the center of Washington, Pennsylvania, the Washington & Jefferson College has a blend of historic and modern facilities, with more than 55 buildings on a 65-acre campus. All facilities are within easy walking distance of each other.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.