Xcelerate Nike Colorado Boys Lacrosse Camp in Vail
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps
Top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pro players in the game today at the Xcelerate Nike Colorado Boys Adventure Camp. Vail is located in the central Rocky Mountains of Colorado, just 100 miles west of Denver and 30 miles east of Eagle.
This will be our 14th year hosting a camp in Vail, Colorado! We are going to have a blast this summer as we add an extra night and day to the camp, making it a 4 night, 5 day experience not to be missed.
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable privately owned lodge rooms
- Catered meals at Ford Park
- Short walk to playing fields (Rocky Mountain Backdrop!)
- Opportunity to go Whitewater Rafting
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Special Goalie Instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jay Card
Directing camp this summer is Jay Card. In his eighth year as an Xcelerate Camp Director, Coach Card brings a wealth of professional and coaching experience.View Jay Card's Bio ⟩
Professional: Long Island Lizards, Rochester Rattlers (MLL), Minnesota Swarm (NLL)
College: Hofstra University
• Xcelerate Camp Director (7 years)
• Assistant Coach, NJIT (2014-2015)
• 3x USILA All-American (2009-2011)
• Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Player of the Year (2009)
• Hofstra University Male Athlete of the Year (2009)
• CAA Rookie of the Year (2008)
• Captain of U-19 Canadian National Team (2008)
• International Lacrosse Federation All-World Team (2008)
Camp Director Brian Lalley
Directing camp this summer is Brian Lalley. Coach Lalley has a wealth of experience having been a collegiate player at Ohio State University, a college coach at Canisus College and as a camp director for Xcelerate over the last 5 years.View Brian Lalley's Bio ⟩
Brian Lalley is going into his fifth year as the program director for Xcelerate Lacrosse. Prior to joining Xcelerate Lacrosse, he spent four years with the Canisius College men's lacrosse team, serving as the team's offensive and recruiting coordinator.
During his time with the Golden Griffins, Lalley helped three players earn four All-MAAC selections. He was also a part of the 2012 MAAC Championship team that went on the the NCAA Tournament.
As a collegiate player, Lalley played four seasons at Ohio State University and was a two-year starter at Orchard Park High School, earning All-America, first-team All-Western New York and first-team All-ECIC honors as a midfielder and face-off player.
- 2013-Present - Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Program Director
- 2009-2013 - Assistant Coach at Canisius College
- Coached in the 2012 NCAA Tournament
- 2005-2009 - Ohio State University
- Competed in the 2008 NCAA Tournament
- Academic All Big Ten
Monday, July 9th to Friday, July 13th
Instead of just playing this summer, challenge yourself and your skills at an Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camp! Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 5:00PM-9:00PM, TUE-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
Adventure Camper: Whitewater Rafting on Day 3
Whitewater Rafting will take place Wednesday morning. Timberline Tours will pick up campers at 8:15am at Vail Mountain Lodge and return campers in time for lunch and the afternoon lacrosse session. Price: $145
Adventure Camper: Ropes Course & Zip-line on Day 4
The Ropes Course and Zip-lining will take place Thursday morning. Timberline Tours will pick up campers at 8:15am at Vail Mountain Lodge and return campers in time for lunch and the afternoon lacrosse session. Price: $110
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic at ALL of our Overnight Summer Camp Locations from 1:30pm - 4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is 1pm with dinner at 5:15pm. The clinics are optional and will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Monday, July 9th
- Check-in takes place between 1:00-1:30pm at Vail Mountain Lodge.
- Pre-Camp clinic campers can officially move into their rooms after the clinic.
- However, parents may submit the necessary hotel paperwork at 1:00pm and depart. Luggage will be stored and coaches will assist campers to their rooms at 4:30pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Monday, July 9th
Check-in takes place between 4:00-5:00pm at Vail Mountain Lodge. Camp will begin with an orientation at 5:00pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Friday, July 13th
Check-out is between 11:00am-12:00pm at VAF (Vail Athletic Field - aka Vail Rugby Field).
CAMP LODGING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Housing: Vail Mountain Lodge
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the lodge with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Campers
- Monday, July 9th: Check-in takes place between 4:00pm-5:00pm at Vail Mountain Lodge. Camp will begin with an orientation at 5:00pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. Pick up at 8:30pm at VAF (Vail Athletic Field - aka Vail Rugby Field)
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: Check-in is 8:45am at Vail Mountain Lodge. Pick up at 8:30pm at VAF (Vail Athletic Field - aka Vail Rugby Field)
- Friday, July 13th: Check-in is 8:45am at Vail Mountain Lodge. Check-out takes place at 11:00am at VAF (Vail Athletic Field - aka Vail Rugby Field).
- Daily Schedule: MON 4:30PM-8:30PM, TUE-WED 8:45AM-8:30PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
AIRPORT SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION
If flying in for camp, Colorado Mountain Express (CME) www.coloradomountainexpress.com provides stress free Door-To-Door shuttle service from Denver International Airport to the Vail Mountain Lodge. Approximate drive time is 2 ½ hours. Once you have your final reservation, please email us with details firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you do your very best to arrive in Vail during the scheduled check-in time and depart during check-out time. Please Note: Campers must be 16 years old to ride the CME shuttle by themselves.
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, lax golf, pool time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers arrive at Vail Mountain Lodge
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work *Wednesday White Water Rafting
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store, Swimming, Training Center
- 2:00 PM Afternoon Lacrosse Session: Demonstrations
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:30 PM Extended Day Campers depart from VAF (Vail Athletic Field)
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
VAIL MOUNTAIN LODGE
AMONG THE TOP VAIL HOTELS, Vail Mountain Lodge offers a distinctive alternative to Vail's larger properties. The space is warm and inviting and the setting alongside Gore Creek is private and serene.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Camp was great!
July 16, 2017: Overall, the camp was great. My son really enjoyed the camp and learned a lot. He plans to go back next year and we would recommend it to anyone interested in a lacrosse camp. I feel like it really improved his self-confidence. The coaches were all very encouraging with my son. One suggestion that would be great for parents, I would have liked a broken down schedule for each day.
— Joe A. Parent
July 14, 2017: There were some really good players and my son wanted to be a bit more challenged, however this was his first "away" camp, and it was a great experience. He enjoyed meeting new kids and coaches. I was very impressed with the ease and organization of check in and check out. The staff did an excellent job!
— Cole A. Parent
July 21, 2016: The Nike Lacrosse Camp in Vail was by far the BEST lacrosse camp experience we've ever had! The communication with the parents was outstanding and the interaction with the campers was second to none. My son is still raving about his experience and the awesome time he had all week. The coaches were extremely skilled and were able to extend their knowledge to the kids in a friendly, fun manner. My son also has a life-threatening food allergy and I have never felt more confident in the safety of the meals they provided for him. The chef personally communicated with him before each meal letting him know what was safe for him to eat. Thank you so much for an AWESOME week. We will definitely be back next year!
— Stan U. Parent
July 17, 2016: This camp has a very low coach/player ratio that really helped the boys improve and grow as athletes. The positive atmosphere made the boys feel welcomed and safe when trying new skills. The coaches covered all aspects of game in a fun and professional way. Great week!
— Charlotte R. Parent
July 17, 2016: What an incredible experience! Our son learned a tremendous amount, had a great time and is more excited about continuing to play lacrosse as a result of this camp. The coaching staff was outstanding. Thank you and see you next year!
— Todd G. Parent
July 30, 2015: Just a quick note to let you know how much Connor enjoyed Xcelerate’s Camp. He attended both sessions in Vail and had a great time. He couldn't stop talking about how awesome the coaches were and how he can't wait to come back next year. The accommodations were terrific and make a great venue for all the events. Kudos to you and all your guys. What a great program!
— Jerry W. Parent
July 28, 2015: I just wanted to let you know that my son had an awesome time at camp. The staff there is something you should be proud of. He says he learned a lot of new things there. He also has many new friends. He already is talking about next years camp! Thanks for everything.
— Jason W. Parent
See You Next Year!!
July 27, 2015: I would just like to say my son has had the time of his life! He really likes his coaches and has mentioned several times how much he has learned. He has already said he wants to go back next year! So, I guess we will see you again next summer! Thanks for all you have done to make this a great experience for my son.
— Chris B. Parent
Had a Blast!
July 26, 2015: My sons had a great camp this year. Lots of skill building, and fun on and off the turf. We'll be back for a third year!!
— Claire U. Parent
Learned how to be a better teammate!
July 25, 2015: This was my second lacrosse camp. It was way more advance than I expected. I know I am a better player. I also learned how to be a better team mate.
— Reiss W. Camper